Chapter 4

One afternoon, while relaxing in the lobby, a familiar name popped upHe in chat. Bob. At that time, I clarified him as a friend, so I did a good thing and greeted him. I gave him a warm welcome on the server and even gave him a diamond. On that server, only donors were given diamonds, so they were rare for a non-donor to have one. Maybe he didn't understand my generosity, because he gave it away to someone who really wanted it. I still can't tell if that was a good thing for him to do. At the time, I was just really upset that he gave away one of my hard-earned diamonds. That wasn't the only time that he ticked me off on that server.

He started coming on daily after school. I would probably have been chilling with my friends, but once he would come on, I would go talk to him. Sometimes, we played the mini games together. He would always tease me if I died or couldn't beat someone else. It was very infuriating. Over time, however, he started to encourage me. He wouldn't tease me, he would say empowering things. I was confused. Wasn't he just telling me I was bad at Minecraft, but now he's encouraging me? I knew something was up with him, but little did I know, this would be a big change.

He invited me on a private server, one that his friends ran. I was very excited because I had never been on such a new server. I logged on and got creative immediately. Apparently, his friends had set up a building server. I really liked building servers. Bob and I built a huge house together; I thought it was really beautiful. I don't remember what the house was, but it probably was a basic square house made out of sandstone. Let's just say we weren't the best of builders. Sooner or later, while I was furnishing it, one of Bob's friends logged on. I'll call him Joe. Joe questioned Bob why he “brought a strange girl on their private server.” That's when it got really awkward. I guess Bob didn't expect Joe to come on the server so quickly. I'm also inferring that Bob wasn't supposed to tell anyone about the server, let alone let them on. I suppose it got really awkward for him, so he just said “Got to go!” and privately messaged me “I do have to go, but don't stay or Joe will ban you.” Then he left, faster than the wind. I didn't stay for a second after. I think Bob didn't want his friends to know about me.