💖 Surprise (Michael) 💖

Michael was gone, on a road trip with some friends for an extended bachelor party. He was supposed to be coming home in the morning, so you had just finished cleaning the house. Now, you were sitting on the couch watching reruns of some baking show and eating.

Your phone went off with a message. You grabbed it, saw it was from Michael, and opened it.

Hello, baby. I miss you.

You smiled at the message. It had been a week since he left, and there was barely time to talk to him or anything. Sighing, you typed out your response.

I miss you, too. Tomorrow.

You set your phone down and looked back at the show. Someone was flattening some aqua blue fondant over a vanilla cake.

"No!" You exclaimed. "You have to put some buttercream between the cake and the fondant!"

Didn't these people know anything about baking?

You stabbed another piece of teriyaki chicken with your fork and shoved it into your mouth. As you chewed, your phone went off again. Of course, it was Michael.

I just want to see your beautiful face. It's been too long.

You swallowed your bite and put some rice into your mouth before answering.

I know. Soon.

It was another few minutes of you criticizing people on the show and finishing up your food before your phone went off again.

Hey, I just had something dropped off. Apparently you didn't answer the door. Can you go get it before someone else does?

You made a face. You hadn't heard anyone knocked or anything. Turning the TV down a little, you got up and threw away your garbage.

As you walked to your apartment door, you wondered what he could've had dropped off. He never did things like that without telling you.

As you unlocked the door and pulled it open, something crashed into you. You almost fell over as you realized it was Michael.

"Oh, my god!" You exclaimed.

He pressed his lips to yours before pulling away, grinning at you. "I'm home, honey. Surprise."