The ruins

So, here we are again. By we, I mean Dyllan, Katie, and myself plus the few others we took in along the way. You should remember me from the other one, and the false sense of security you've been told we give to all. Everyone in our group for what we know is dead and the school has been overrun, we barely got out alive. Those goddamn walkers got the best of us back at the base.We have a lot over there still, even if we were to just grab some supplies, our cars, and guns, then we would be set. It hasn't fully hit us that our base for what we know is gone. I've never seen someone so set on trying to kill almost eleven group members. You'd think Dyllan and I would be dead by now from all that's happened to us; having our car nearly explode, coming face to face with walkers on more than one occasion, had a full-on war with some psychopath, we've both been shot at, and had our face to face scenarios of accidents. Honestly, we should be dead right now, but somehow we've escaped death once again. I'm pretty sure we don't plan on dying anytime soon, that's for damn sure.

Dyllan and I were reminiscing memories from when we first started, and Katie brought up Peyton, I didn't see her leave when all hell broke out, I didn't see her body when we were checking who was down. I honestly don't know what the hell happened to her.

Dyllan: Do you ever think of where you missed the signs with someone or something?
Bailey: All the time, why do you ask?
Katie: What are you talking about?
Dyllan: When we were outside of the school, do you think anyone was looking at us, planning that attack?
Bailey: I mean, we don't have a base anymore, almost all our people are dead or missing and were hiding out in a house a mile from the battlefield. *being sarcastic* So no, I don't.
Katie: B, don't be mean towards him, he did nothing.
Dyllan: Besides fighting for our lives.
Bailey: *towards Dyllan and Katie with sympathy* We all did Dyllan, we fought and we killed them, most of them. We are just unfortunate that we lost what we had built from the ground up.
Dyllan: I know, but we don't know where half our group is, I mean the leaders are all here, our home is destroyed because some heathen got a little mad and took it out on the first people he saw. It isn't us that did this. We don't start wars, but we sure as hell end 'em. We killed his men, he scratched ours. We can do this even if it's just us three, we've stood together for this long. No one will be able to pry us apart now.
Katie: We have always had a group to back us up though, what if we can't take them like you say we can. What if we can't get our group back?
Bailey: Katie there is no 'what if's'. We don't underestimate our strength, never. We took him down, we will now look at him as our prize for survival. Remember who we are, we aren't just Katie, Dyllan, and B, we are leaders and fighters. We don't just lay there and let people kick us around like a fucking pebble.
Dyllan: You got a point B, we never did let people take us for what we were not. We've always been superior.

We talked into the late hours of the night, we did have a point, we took control when we needed to most. We all did our jobs around the base, we helped when it was needed from the others, For god's sake. Just because Fearman was, what we think, working for White doesn't mean we get fooled that easily.

*Dyllan's face lights up*
Katie and Bailey: *in sync* What?
Dyllan: The storage unit.
Bailey: What about it?
Dyllan: We only cleared out what we needed, there still should be a ton of stuff.
Katie: We can try in the morning.
Dyllan: We need to get there tonight before someone else stumbles across it.
Katie: Dyllan, the last time we had this happen, no one had gone near it. There wasn't any sign of any living person around.
Bailey: *dragging out the word* And, if we go tonight, it will be much easier if we did it because it'll make us less anxious about getting back what we had.
Dyllan: I agree with the injured one.
Bailey: *under her breath* Rude
Katie: Of course it's a two to one vote, you guys can go and I'll stay here.
Dyllan: Playing that card isn't gonna work this time. No, I'm not gonna leave one of you here, I feel much more comfortable if we all went. Especially after what just happened.
Katie: Then we shall go tomorrow.
Bailey: Why do you have to make everything difficult Katie?
Katie: I don't, it's the most logical thing to do, I stay back or none of us go and stay here and keep the *air quotes* base protected.
Bailey: We don't have that much anymore, the stuff in the school is all we got plus the storage unit.