Day 9

Johnathan woke up in a hospital bed with abdominal pain. A nurse came into the room with a cart. On the cart was soup and garlic bread. He felt hungry again as soon as he smelled the soup. The nurse gave him the soup and a spoon as well as the bread and left. He grabbed the remote and turned on the television. He flicked through the shows to see what he would like to watch but nothing was really that great so he turned it off. The room was dark and he was the only person there.

"Why do hospitals have to be so scary?" Johnathan thought to himself as he ate a spoon full of the soup, because every sane person knows that you eat soup

Even with hospital packed with people, it was still incredibly creepy. The lights wouldn't stop flickering and there was suspicious ketchup stains everywhere. He tried to remember why he was in the hospital in the first place, but it wouldn't come to his mind. Probably because he got hit in the head or something. He was tired of not knowing so he got out of bed with his abdomen pain to try and figure out what happened. He slurped up the remaining soup and walked out of the room.

The halls were scary. The lights kept flickering and they barely lit anything up. There were metal carts full of needles and medicine. Johnathan didn't like needles so he backed from the cart and kept going. Little did he know about the dried ketchup stains on the wheels of the cart. He kept walking until he found an elevator. He walked inside and pressed the button for the lobby. Halfway through the shaft, the lights in the elevator abruptly turned off. Johnathan got worried. He tried to somehow turn the lights back on but failed. The elevator stopped on the first floor and the doors opened.

There was nobody in the lobby. It was a big lobby and there was not a single person in sight. And that was when he noticed something that was dripping from the ceiling. Johnathan reached his hand out to touch it and that was when he realized what it was. The ketchup built up surprisingly quick in his hand and soon his hands were red with ketchup.

And that was when it all started coming back to him. Alan, the murders and, oh crap, what the ketchup meant. He backed away from the ketchup, but slipped on something that looked mysteriously like dried ketchup and banged his head against the wall.

When he woke up, Alan, no master A, was standing at the center of the lobby while ketchup was leaking out of the walls and the ceiling. He was wearing a black hoodie with blood spread across the front.

"How did you survive?" Johnathan asked him, "I saw you get shot in front of me at Highland. Nobody could survive a shot like that."

"I agree," Master A said, "No human could have. Alan is dead. I am Master A!"

Then he did this really cliche evil villain laugh that reminded Johnathan of Alan. Then it occured to Johnathan that the person in front of him really wasn't Alan. Back at Highland, Alan was really sketchy, but he couldn't do these weird tricks like disappearing randomly or summoning ketchup at will. And now he could. No, Master A could.

"Couldn't you get a better name man," Johnathan said, trying to stall time as he backed up towards the exit, "I mean, Master A was already taken. You know, Adler and Alan. 'The master A's'"

"They were only my puppets," said Master A, "You have somehow gotten both of them killed. Congratulations"

"Uh, thanks," Johnathan said as he step by step backed up towards the exit.

"Anyways, TFC will never end. We are run by beings which your humankind does not know about," Master A tells him.

"Are you an alien?" Johnathan asks.

"As I have said before, your 'human' minds are too undeveloped to understand us," Master A said, "we are beings of many dimensions"

"What?"

"Exactly," Master A continued, "you will not understand until you join me"

"Join you in what?" Jonathan asks.

"Too many questions," Master A tells him.

"Will I kill people?" Johnathan asks.

"Yes," Master A says, "you will be my puppet"

Johnathan thought about joining him. He had many people that he hated enough to want them to die. But then he decided that it was wrong to kill people.

"Never," Johnathan said. He turned around and bolted for the exit... only to slam into a wall of hard, dried ketchup. He fell over and scrambled back up.

"Come on, you seriously think i would leave an open exit for you like that?" Master A says in disappointment as he walks up to Johnathan.

"I wasn't trying to leave," Johnathan says. Master A looks at him curiously.

"I need to stop you right now," Johnathan says as he whips out a pointy piece of dried ketchup. The dried ketchup he snapped off the blocked door. Master A puts his hand out to block, which evidently gets impaled all the way through. He pulls his hand away, dripping with blood and slams his other hand into Johnathan. The impaled hand quickly heals up with a disgusting crackling sound of bones replacing themselves. Johnathan swings his dried ketchup at Master A again. Master A dodges the attack and throws Johnathan into a desk filled with files and paper. Paper flies everywhere, giving a bit of time for Johnathan to get up and run into a hallway.

He sprints down the hallway until he finds a metal cart. He grabs a scalpel and keeps on running down the hall. He eventually finds a stairwell and runs up it without stopping for a second. He reached the 13th floor of the hospital when he ran out of energy. There is dried ketchup everywhere. On the walls, ceiling, leaking out the bottom of doors. He finds his room and goes in. He runs to his jacket where his small 3 barreled .38 was hidden in. He fishes it out of his pocket and points it at the door. He remembered shooting Alan in the stomach with that gun.

Ten minutes later, still nothing has come through the door. Johnathan decides to head out and find Master A. the hospital was very big so I would be hard to find Master A. Fortunately... or maybe unfortunately, Master A can easily find Johnathan. He walks around the building, pointing his gun at everything, hoping to find Master A and shoot him.

He was getting tired of swinging his gun everywhere when he suddenly heard footsteps coming from above him. They were coming down from the stairs where he just came from. There was a microwave next to him. There were also tons of labeled TV remotes filled with batteries. He takes all the batteries out of the TV remotes and shoves them into the microwave. He plugs in the microwave and presses the cook button. As he is running, he hears Master A behind him.

"There you are," Master A says. Johnathan turns around and shoots both of Master A's legs. It was very loud. Master A falls down next to the microwave. The microwave full of lithium batteries.

"You think a gun will stop me from deep frying you alive?" Master A says.

"No," Johnathan says back, "but this will"

The microwave explodes with a loud bang. The ground shakes as if there was an earthquake. Pieces of microwave and flaming bits of battery fly everywhere. Johnathan was quite far from the battery bomb but was still knocked down and blinded by the blast. It was very hard to see at first but he got his vision back after some time. He ran down the stairs into the lobby to the ketchup door. He fired into it once and a hole the size of a cannonball was left. He kicked the door a couple of times and it broke apart. After exiting the building, he quickly loaded up his gun and slipped it into his jacket pocket. He wasn't completely sure if Master A was dead or not but decided to be careful just in case he was still alive... which he probably was. He called a taxi and went home.