Chapter 18: Photo Finish

Day 13

It was here. The last day of their incredible vacation. It was almost hard for them to believe. It was the only thing either of them could really think about while they were packing their suitcases and their belongings. Neither really said anything while they packed. What could they say? What could they talk about? It was literally the most depressing part of their entire trip. Because it signified the end of their trip.

But finally, they finished packing and returned to the bed, lying down next to each other and holding each other as only they could. "...last day." Marco finally spoke up after endless silence.

"...Yup." Neither were really in the mood to confront it. "I'm soooo happy." Star said sarcastically, the disappointment palpable.

"So am I." His sarcasm wasn't nearly as strong but the disappointment sure was. "Best two weeks, though. Right?"

"Totally." She kissed him passionately, giggling in the process. "Thank you so much for all of this, Marco. You seriously didn't have to do all of this."

"Oh stop it, it was no trouble. I would do it again in a heartbeat." He returned the kiss, stroking her hair and then lightly patting her rear end.

"I hope you mean that. I want all of this again soooo badly."

"Only the best for my queen."

"Awww, you." Even more kissing from the two lovebirds. The time freezing spell would sure come in handy right about now. "So...question."

"Shoot."

"What was your favorite part of this trip?" She smiled warmly at him as she anticipated an answer from him.

"...my favorite part?"

"Mmm-hmm. We've done so many cool things and had so much fun these two weeks. Anything stand out to you?"

"You mean..." He couldn't even pretend to give it any significant thought. He already had an answer before she even finished the question. "You mean besides the...the intimacy?"

Her smile widened and she developed a bright red blush. "How did I know you were going to say that?"

"I don't know. Was it because you were thinking the same thing?"

She couldn't possibly argue with him there. She nodded. "Well it is pretty great."

"I'm not gonna lie, I think it's the best thing that's come out of this whole trip, bar none. I...I sometimes have to pinch myself, I just can't believe that it's real."

"I know exactly how you feel, Marco." Now Marco's patting of her rear end turned to gentle squeezing, which got a giddy giggle from her. " I love it. I love everything about it, and I love that I get to do it with you."

"Me too, Star." He chuckled as they kissed again, pulling themselves closer to each other. "I guess I really owe Janna a thank you."

His statement got her to cock her head a bit, clearly lost. "Janna?"

"Don't tell me you don't remember how this all started...Star needs someone to watch her back, not her backside." Words that were quoted verbatim from their experience with Queen Solaria back when they had to take down the Magic High Commission for their treason.

"Ohhhhhh now I remember!" And now they could both laugh about it, no strings attached. "You know Janna was just joking with you, right?"

He laughed. "Yeah I'm sure she thought she was, but...maybe she knew about me at the time than I did."