killing me softly // ⚡️☄️💥🔮

[Requested]
As Kirishima hides his petals for Bakugo, he doesn't realise how much he is killing Kaminari - literally. Kaminari is in the severe stages of hanahaki for Kirishima, but after refusing the operation, will Kirishima be the death of him? Or is there someone out there who can still save him?

Angst: Severe
Fluff: Yas
Smut: None

KiriKami
KiriBaku
ShinKami

Length of oneshot: Long af [so grab yo hot chocolate and a box of tissues].

—X—x—X—

'Wow. He's almost as into Bakugo as you're into him—'

Kaminari punched Shinsou's shoulder to silence him, before following his gaze to the pair cooking in the dorm kitchen.

Kirishima was prepping the meat as Bakugo chopped vegetables next to him - their hips were almost touching as Kirishima wildly explained something, and Bakugo was surprisingly calm for once.

Reluctantly wrenching his eyes away from the redhead, Kaminari groaned and turned back to his laptop at the canteen table. He coughed lightly, and Shinsou looked up from his phone, concerned.

Suddenly Iida appeared in front of them, waving his hands at Hitoshi.
'Shinso - It is getting late and unfortunately as it is a school night would you mind returning to the 3B dorms?'

'But I—' Shinso began in reply, but Kaminari shushed him.

'Thanks Iida,' Denki nodded at him, signalling him to leave, and he did so abruptly. 'Shin, it's fine. I'll be fine. C'mon, you know me!' He pulled a grin that didn't quite reach his eyes.

Glancing behind them at Kirishima, Shinsou huffed. 'Fine. If you insist, Pikachu.' He unplugged his headphones, tying the chord as he spoke. 'But I'm gonna message Mina and Sero to check in on you. And you've taken your tablets right—?'

'C'mon dude, you know they don't work—'

'Just take them will you?' Shinsou stood from the table, hitting the back of Kaminari's head.

He groaned scratchily. 'Uggghhh, fine...' he said, before erupting into a coughing fit.

Shinsou immediately pulled out some tissues and handed them to him. Kaminari took them gratefully, covering his mouth.

'Just go, we'll chat across the balcony later.' He said hoarsely through the wad of tissue.

Hesitantly, Shinsou agreed. 'Fine, you over-excited dumbass.' He rolled his eyes, stepping away from the table.

He waved nonchalantly, walking backwards towards the door as Kaminari did one-handed finger guns in return.

He sighed deeply as soon as Shinso was out of sight, closing the lid of his laptop and standing.

Hands clasping the tissue to his mouth, he rushed past the kitchen area before Kirishima could see him.

Not that he would anyway, so mesmerised by Bakugo...

+ ~ + ~ +

Kaminari collapsed at the sink of the men's bathroom, coughing violently into the wash-bowl as he struggled to run the tap.
Heart hurting almost as much as his lungs.