Fully Booked (W. Venable)

In which darling Mina and reader are forced to share a room due to a complication with their reservation, and we explore the trope of there being only one bed. Set post-reset bc Ms. Wilhemina Venable is not about to die in this house!

"What the fuck is this?," says my boss to the poor blonde girl behind the counter. It would sound rude to the uninitiated, but I know that is just her personality. Well, around everyone except me. Although, in this case, she has every right to be angry. Apparently, whoever booked the hotel we were supposed to be staying at had gotten a room with one queen-sized bed instead of two.

Ms. Venable turns to me and asks, "Who made these hotel reservations, Y/N?"

"That would be Amber, ma'am," I say disdainfully, and Ms. Venable lets out a little huff. I've never liked her, and Ms. Venable likes her even less. I'll just add this incident to the ever-growing list of reasons not to.

"Of course it was." She turns back to face the girl, who can't be any older than I am.

"Are there any other rooms available? I'll be willing to pay extra for two rooms."

"I'm awfully sorry, but we are fully booked for tonight, with the conference taking place early tomorrow morning."

"Y/N? Would you mind checking if there are rooms somewhere else in the city? It would be terribly inconvenient in the morning, but we don't seem to have a choice."

"I already looked, Ms. Venable. The only rooms are this size and smaller." She looked slightly surprised that I had been one step ahead, but she quickly recovered.

"Well... Thank you, Y/N. Would you be okay in one room? I can't take the couch, because of my back, so would you mind? I'm sorry; those things are awful!"

The girl had been helping another guest, and when she was done, she turned back to us.

Ms. Venable addresses her once again, "It's obviously not ideal, but we have no choice but to take that room. If anything else becomes available, I expect you to contact me immediately."

The blonde looks grateful to be out of that situation, and rushes to give us room keys.

As we are walking away, you whisper into Ms. Venable's ear: "I think you've sufficiently petrified that girl, Miss!" I could swear that she shivers slightly, but she giggles nonetheless.

"Well, that is one of the only things I can do to prevent people from walking all over me. You've got to do the same. There are too many ignorant people in the world, and I would hate to see you debased by them."

"Thank you Ms. Venable. I'll be happy to take whatever advice you will give me."

"I hope that's not all you'll be able to take from me," Ms. Venable mutters softly. I know she doesn't mean for me to hear that, but I get excited nonetheless. I try to suppress my reaction, but I'm probably not doing a great job.

When we finally reach the door to our room, and she touches the key to the lock. The little light flashes green, she turns the handle, and we're let into the room.

Well, shit. There's only one bed. No fucking couch in sight. Ms. Venable seems to make the observation, and her faint smile falls.

"This simply will not do."

"I can just get a cheap room at an Airbnb somewhere. I have this app where I can-"

"No!," she cuts me off. "I don't know what an 'air B and B' is, but you're sure as hell not going to stay there alone."

"Ms. Venable, I promise I'll be fine. It's basically where people rent out their houses, and you can book to stay there. It's perfectly safe."

"Absolutely fucking not." Even I am getting slightly irritated at this point. What other choice do I have? Plus, I've done it a million times before. I'm kind of broke; it's not like Jeff and Mutt pay me a huge salary!