Chapter 4: She Is A Badass

"Are you kidding me now? I just saved your fucking life and all I get is why I didn't stay inside the car?"

"What would I say to Marty if you got hurt, did you even think of that?"

"Ha and suddenly you care about me!", she exclaims sarcastically.

"No, I don't but he probably does if he trusts you with me. Also, I'm pretty sure he would think I had something to do with it."

"Please don't continue arguing with him, he can keep this up until tomorrow. There's no winning when it comes to Alex. Oh and because he is too arrogant to actually say something I will. Thank you for saving my little brother's life.", Mark butts in their argument.

Everley nods at him, then gives Alex the middle finger and exits the room. Her actions have Mark surprised and actually in awe. His mouth is left open and there's pure shock on his face.

"Close your mouth Mark, you'll catch flies. I hope you're not «starstruck» by her, she's my age. I wouldn't want you going to prison over her.", Alex mocks him.

"Haha Al you are so funny.", Mark deadpans and adds. "That training took away your innocence way too damn early and it messed up your sense of humour."

"You ruined my innocence when I was six and you were getting some on the sofa, while you were supposed to be at school.", the boy reminds his brother.

"You promised that you wouldn't mention it again!", Mark groans while Alex bursts out laughing.

"I said I wouldn't tell mum, not that I wouldn't mention it whenever I have the chance to embarrass you, idiot.", Alex points out.

"Yeah, wait until I mention what you did when you were six, prick. Now about Everley, it's just that she seemed so closed off and a nice girl if you say but shit she's a badass! And she actually puts up with your shit. I like her."

"That she actually is. Don't tell her I said that though, I don't need her to get the idea that I could possibly not mind her presence."

"So you don't mind her being around you, Al?"

"Oh I do. She can be pretty annoying you know."

"She reminds me of a certain someone..."

"Yes, I am annoying, I know. Seriously, I sometimes find myself annoying imagine having her around all the time.", Alex sighs and starts walking out of the room and of the building. Mark follows him and studies his brother.

It's been a while since he last made a friend. The only people he has let in are Sebastian, Marty and him since they got into this mess with the government. Though, Mark has figured that Alex still keeps secrets from them as well, he hasn't told them everything that has happened and he never really tells them what bothers him. So Mark thinks that's good that someone, not a family member, is around Alex. This way Alex might learn to trust people.

"Spit it out doofus, you look constipated when you try to study someone", Alex mocks him again, his accent showing even more.

"Ouch Alex that hurt; you are a meanie. Ah and let's see who's gonna look constipated in a few seconds.", Mark sends a wicked smile to his brother which leads to Alex wondering what that idiot may mean now. That's when the famous footballer grabs the boy and throw him over his shoulder, causing Alex to burst into laughter.

"You moron, put me down!", he laughs and hits Mark on the back.

Mark, instead, starts singing muting out Alex's voice, something that makes the boy laugh more. This is how the brothers leave the embassy, both laughing and Alex being carried onto Mark's back, in the exact way the footballer used to carry him whenever his team would win the game. Because this was a win for them, since they got out of there in one piece and probably having their communication back. Therefore, things may get back to the way they were before, and perhaps they could be better, because Mark had his brother back and even though Alex didn't really show it he was glad too that he had Mark back. After All, the sibling bond is one of the strongest ones out there and it's difficult to break.