𝟘𝟝. ꪗꫀ𝕣ⅈꪀ

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

I've finalized my decision with much thought and it's the day I announce it.

I have to say it was a bit difficult to end my contract with the company as it has been 12 years since I first signed with them. But some things must come to an end, right?

I was in one of the practice rooms patiently waiting for time to pass, thinking about the meeting I had with the CEO.

      ╔═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╗
                         Flashback
      ╚═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╝

3 days ago

My manager opened the door, "it's time now, Yerin."

I took a deep breath in a let it out, "ok"

We both went to one of the meeting rooms in the upper floors. As we got to the room the CEO was already sitting at the table with a folder.

"Hello Yerin, how have you been." He asked as I bowed and sat down.

"I've been fine, just feeling a bit cloudy at the moment but I'm truly fine." I replied fiddling with my thumbs on the table.

"It's alright. I'm sure you've put enough thought and process into this." He said as he opened the folder.

"Yes I have. It was a bit difficult since I've been with the company for 12 years, basically since I've been in elementary." I laughed a little and so did he. "But I've made my final decision."

"And that is?"

"I'm not renewing my contract."

"I understand, it's your decision and I respect it very much." He said as he took some papers out of the folder. "But may I ask what you plan on doing after? I'm very curious as I've known you for a very long time."

"Well I've thought I just go independent and start a company of my own. I may lack in some perspectives but I'm sure enough with what I want to do and how to manage my own company."

"That's good to hear Yerin. I'm proud you want to achieve bigger things. You're still young and you got to make the most of it." He said smiling, like a father. "I just hope we can still keep in contact after this."

"So we should be friends right? No more boss and employee." I teased.

He laughed, "If that's how you viewed it, then I suggest that we finally be friends now."

"Don't worry, I'll be in contact. It was nice being under the same company with everyone else. Especially with Jimin."

He gave me a sad smile, "I know it was difficult for the both of you, even though you've both have been doing your solo activities and making your own music for these past years. I'm sure both of you wanted to stay together."

My eyes got teary but I took a deep breath in a calmed myself, "But things must come to an end and I'm sure Jimin loves to make her own music as much as me. I don't want to take her freedom of that and think she has to sing songs that isn't her just because we're a duo still."

He nods his head.

"But thank you and everyone else I've met for the past 12 years at this company. It's like my second home."

He stood up and so did I, "it was very nice having you here as well Yerin." He gave me a hug and I hugged him back. "Here are your papers, I wish you well and good luck."

"Thank you"

   ╔═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╗
               End of Flashback
      ╚═══*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*═══╝

I take my phone out and post on my Instagram that I'm leaving JYP.

Soon after posting, I start getting notifications. I put my phone on silent and look for a song to sing.

I'm in the practice room that I've always been in. Since tomorrow is my last day here. I wanna take one last stay in here and sing.