Chapter 1

After Pitch was defeated; things went back to as they usually were for Tooth and her fairies. Her job was three hundred and sixty five days a year and on demand. They flew all over the world gathering the teeth of children and keep the memories safe. While it was baby tooth fairies job to collect the teeth, in some areas where it rained quite a bit Tooth had another division of helpers that were impervious to the rain. She and her fairies could not fly if their wings became heavily wet. The European division had mice who collected the teeth and relayed them to fair weather areas the fairies could receive them, then take them to the tooth palace.

Tooth was often at the Palace making sure the teeth were stored and organized in proper order. She handled assignments and made sure teeth were collected in a timely manner. After all when a child lost their tooth. They had only eight hours from when the child went to sleep to when they woke up to get the tooth, replace it with a gift, and be out of sight. This was time sensitive and she had complete confidence in her fairies and other divisions to do so.

Tooth however did have one more task that she handled personally, memory restoration. In emergency cases like the battle with Pitch, her fairies could activate the memories of the children and their memories would restore. However, she usually handled the memory restoration. She usually did so from the Tooth Palace. It required concentration and listening to the containers of teeth, waiting for the voice of a child to call out their name in their time of need. She would find that child's container and activate the memories they needed to remember. However, since the time she spent out in the field with North, Bunny, Jack, and Sandman collecting teeth she remembered why she loved working in the field so much. Seeing the children's faces while they slept. Or seeing their faces as their memories were restored. She was the guardian of memories after all, it was a sight that surely she would never tire seeing.

But even with Pitch defeated and the Guardians resuming their usual niches, Tooth still felt guilty about Jack. She was the Guardian of Memories, it was her job to collect the memories, keep them safe, and feel who needed their memories to returned. Yet, for nearly three hundred years she had been ignorant to Jack Frost's memory loss. It had become apparent after meeting him in person and his actions with the guardians that he had to endeavor loneliness of being unseen and lost of identity from his memory loss. The loss of identity she could have prevented. Riddled with guilt about this she now went to memory restoration missions in person. She watched the child's face and while she didn't get to see their memory she was able to give them a glimpse of her and give them that boost of belief. If only she could help Jack in the same way. She knew belief in him was growing. Jamie and the other kids were spreading the word. But a boost on a daily basis on a global scale would certainly help both the children and him. The children would learn of him and their belief would increase with a a bout of fun he could bring in their freshly restored memory state of being.

How to approach him on idea, this she knew not. He was after all the Guardian of Fun. Would he think it fun to accompany her on such missions? It was so rare for the Guardians to get together unless it was a crisis. They each had their own role in protecting the children. Maybe it was just her affections toward Jack getting the better of her. She would never mind seeing that sparkling snow white smile of his. His fun personality made him very likable. Perhaps she was worrying too much. If the chance arose that they met again, she was determined to ask him how he was doing and perhaps offer out this idea of hers if she felt it would be of benefit to the Guardian of Fun.

Bringing the thoughts to rest, she flinted about her world globe at the Tooth Palace in on the top of the Yellow Mountain range, deep within Southeast Asia. She was ordering fairies off on teeth collecting missions and inspecting the teeth that came in.

. . .

For some reason, Jack expected things to change after Pitch's defeat. Well, obviously things had changed. After 300 years of isolation and questioning who he was, he finally had an answer. He knew he was Jack Frost...