Chapter 1 🍫

N I Q U E 🍪

*beep*beep*beep*

I groaned and opened my eyes before turning off the alarm on my nightstand.

I looked at the time on it and it read "6:00a.m.".

It's my first day at my new school and to be honest, I'm not ready. We moved here to Louisiana last week so I had a free half of a week off school.

She already enrolled me, I just didn't go.

My brothers Anthony and Larry didn't wanna come with us so we ended up leaving them in Mississippi. I didn't wanna leave neither but I didn't have a choice since I'm her only girl.

I did all the crying I could do but it just didn't work. I think it's unfair but I'll get over it. I'm gonna miss my best friends Amari, Koby, and Katlyn. She said I can go visit in the summer though.

"Nique get up, it's time for you to get ready for school." My mom came barging in my room.

"I'm up already." I sat up and rubbed my eyes while yawning. "Well get dressed, don't forget it's your first day." She closed the door.

How could I forget?

Once I thought she was gone, I got out of bed and paused for a second because I started to get dizzy. Must've stood up too fast.

Once the dizziness died down, I went into the restroom connected to my bedroom and started to get ready for my day.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and did all the other things I do every morning.

I didn't need to take a shower since I already did that last night so I just put on my clothes along with deodorant and some smell goods.

I had on a white off-the-shoulder shirt with some blue jeans that hugged my thighs and made my booty look good. I also had on some white vans to match.

When I was done getting dressed and stuff, I brushed out my weave and put on some carmex. Can't go nowhere with some ashy lips.

Minutes passed and it was now time for me to go. I got my phone, charger, headphones, and backpack before leaving out of my room and going downstairs.

"Ma, I'm ready." I went into the kitchen where my mom was. I got hit with the aroma of food cooking. "Okay hold up, when we done eating I'ma drop you off." she said.

"Yes ma'am."

I sat down at the table and minutes later, she sat a plate of breakfast in front of me along with some orange juice. I began to dig in.

She sat her plate and juice down before looking at me like I was dumb. "You forgot how to pray?"

"Oh, my bad." I said and then said my prayers. We both started eating. Once I was done, I rinsed my plate and cup off and put it in the dishwasher. She did the same when she was done.

"Okay, let's go." She grabbed her car keys.

In the car...

"So are you nervous for today?" She finally broke the silence. "Not really. But the more I think about it, yeah."

"Well just be yourself and everything would go great hopefully."

"Hopefully." I sighed and the rest of the car ride was silent like it was before.

At the school...

We finally arrived to McKinley High School.

"Bye sweetie, see you at 2:30." My mother said after I got out of the car. "Bye mama, love you." I closed the door.

I made it inside of the school and went to the counselors office for my schedule.

I looked at my schedule and my first period was Ma- MATH!? What the hell? Nobody feel like calculating at no 8:30 inna morning.

*rrriiiiiiinnngggg*

Ugh, and I don't know where to go. Great.

See this is exactly why I hate being new. Cause of this shit.

"You need help?" A tall darkskin dude asked, probably noticing I was lost.

"Mhm, you know where class-" I paused looking down at my schedule, "...212 at?" I asked. "Yeah, I gotta go there too. C'mon." He said, then we started walking.

I heard that shit about them upperclassmen tryna get their way into these females' panties, but ian dumb. Trust me. But he probably actually tryna help though, yanno?

"I'm King by the way." He said as we walked upstairs. "Is that your real name orrr?"

"Nah, it's Spallane. But people call me King."

"Oh. Well Spallane, I'm Nique. Nice to meet you and thanks." I said. "No problem, here we are." We stopped in front of the classroom.

Soon as we entered, the bell rang. We was right on time.

Spallane took a seat by a group of people and I went to the teachers desk and gave her my schedule, letting her know I was in this class.

"You must be the new girl.. A-" She started with my name but I helped her cause I knew she wasn't gonna get it right. "Antoniqua" I said.

"Wow, that name is beautiful. Do you have a nickname though?"

"Thanks and yes ma'am. Nique." I said. "You want me to introduce you to the class or no?" She asked and I said "No".

"Well okay Nique, you can go find you a seat anywhere you would like. We'll get started with this lesson once you do so."

Spallane motioned for me to come sit where him and his friends were and I did. Only because I didn't know where else to sit.

"Y'all this is Nique. Nique this is Airi, Tray, Chris, Carmen, and Corey." He introduced me to everyone and they all greeted me. "Hey y'all." I spoke back.

"Girl you're hair is so pretty." The Airi girl said, smiling. "Thank you, yours too." I slightly smiled.

And from there.. we all made conversation, cracked jokes, and everything else.

————

How did y'all like it? It was a lil boring but it'll get better soon. I'm doing a 15 year time skip in the next chapter so, get ready. 😗

SIKE! But I am doing a time skip.
Excuse any mistakes, BYYEEEE. 🤪