Chapter 2: The First Dream Kill

We started having fun again forgetting about the whole ordeal that just happened. The last two hours go about and we see the beach coming up. "Look guys there it is," I said pointing at the big ocean surrounded by sand. They started cheering and laughing. We get to the hotel and get to our rooms ready. "Ok so I got us beach view rooms and it's on the fourth floor," I said while handing out the key cards. They all looked like they were about to cry. "Thank you for planning this trip and getting everything ready for us." They said while jumping on me to hug me. "Aww thanks to y'all too for coming with me, it would have sucked if I was going to go by myself," I said hugging them back. "Well how about we get our bathing suits on and hit the beach," I screamed. They all cheered and went to their rooms. Everyone was super chatty and ready to have an amazing time this summer. We met up with the boys in the hallway. "You guys ready?" I said. They nodded and I screamed, "The last one to there is a rotten egg." I ran down the hall with them chasing me. I get to the beach first with Kj, L and Kit coming up behind me. The last two were Mack and Chris coming in last. I laughed as I watched them as they were panting for air. I looked at the ocean and I stuck my feet in. It was freezing, then out of nowhere, I was pushed into the icy waters. "Hey!" I screamed. I saw Kit standing there laughing. "Oh yeah, you think this is funny?" I said while jumping out of the water. I pulled his arm and pulled him into the ocean. Everyone was laughing at the scene that just happened but I was very embarrassed as I looked into Kit's eyes, he was on top of me. Both of our faces went red and he quickly got up and I did the same, we brushed it off. "It's freezing." I said chuckling. "Yeah, but the waves are nice." L said standing next to me. She lays down and lets the waves move her up and down. I turn and see Kj laying on the sand with her headphones, tanning. The boys grabbed boogie boards and went into the ocean. They were seeing how could stay up the longest. Mack was the most physically fit and that didn't play to his advantages. Then there was Kit the second most physically fit and that didn't play to his advantages either. The last contestant was Chris who was not the most physically fit and to be certain that played to his win. I laughed as all the boys were acting like children. We were all having the time of our lives. We stayed at the beach till the sun went down and we didn't leave then. "Hey, I will be right back," Mack said running off. I guess he went somewhere to use the bathroom. He was gone for a while then we heard a terrifying screech come from a distance. "What was that?" L asked. We all looked at each other. "Stay here and I will check," I said trying to run to the sound. suddenly I was pulled back. "No your not going anywhere alone." Kit said. "Well, I have to go see if that was Mack." I felt a cry come up. I jerked away and ran towards the sound. I heard Kit running after me. I stopped and looked around but I saw nothing. There were just some kids playing. I walked back to the location where the others were, I was super confused. "Let's go to the hotel and call the police," I said. We all agreed and headed back towards the hotel. Out of nowhere, a mysterious object came flying towards us. It landed right in front of me. I looked down and saw that it was a bloody, served arm. I instantly recognized the tattoo on the arm. It was Macks, I started tearing up and running after the others. "Macks arm just came flying towards me, he's dead," I screamed falling to the ground in a fit of tears. Everyone had absolute fear in their eyes. "Come on, let's hurry and get back to the hotel." Kit said pulling me into his back, knowing that I probably couldn't walk because of fear and shock. We all start running into the hotel lobby, all of us talking at once. "Whoa calm down kids, one at a time." One of the desk girls asks. "Call the police there has been a murder," I yell. They made the phone call and the police came about seven minutes later. "Ok kids now tell me what happened." One of the policemen asks. "Our friend has been murdered," Chris says.  We all started to talk at once. "Whoa one at a time, you, What happened exactly?" He said pointing at me. "Well we all were playing on the beach just having fun then Mack said that he would be right, we all think he went to go use the bathroom when out of nowhere we heard a horrible scream but when I went to check it out there was nothing but some kids playing but when we were walking back to the hotel to call the police but then his arm came flying out of nowhere and then we ran here and called y'all," I explained not trying to choke on my tears. "Ok sweetie calm down we will go out to the beach and look into it." They said. "Are you sure he is not playing a rank on y'all?"The other cop chuckled. I got furious and started to cuss him out. I knew that it was real, it still had blood coming out of it. They told us to stay at the hotel so they went to the beach. They came back about 30 minutes later. "Look guys all we can do is keep a lookout for any murderous people, that's the best we can do for right now." They told us. I knew they were right but for some reason I got upset but I didn't let my emotions get the best of me. "Why don't y'all retire for the evening." The cops said and we left to go back to our rooms. The girls didn't want to be left alone so the boys came into our rooms and they slept on the couch and the floor. "I'm scared." L said cuddling me. "I know and I am too but we shouldn't let his murder be in sadness you know that Mack wouldn't want us to spend the rest of this summer just sulking around." I said. I know that sounded really bad and selfish but knowing Mack he wouldn't want us to just give up on the summer. He would have wanted us to have fun and always to do it in his memory. Everyone understood what I was saying but they were too exhausted to say anything and they all fell asleep but I didn't. I had too many thoughts clouding my mind. I got up without trying to wake anybody up and head to the balcony. I stared out to the ocean and watch the waves. It was a very calming sight and sound, I started to relax. But I looked down and saw him, the man from the gas station. He was holding Mack's head and waving at me, I could hear the same dreamy laughter that I heard at the gas station. I began to feel my body start to shake and then I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Are you alright?" Kit said scaring the hell of me. "Oh, yea I'm fine." I said looking at him. "I can tell when something is bothering you." He chuckled. I gave in and told him. "You remember the creepy guy from the gas station?" "Yea what about him?" "I just saw him down there holding up Mack's head and laughing." I stated. He pulled me into a hug. "Ok I believe but you need sleep and we can talk about this more in the morning." I nodded, I know that he really didn't believe me but I couldn't do anything about it. So we just went back to bed and fell asleep. The next morning I woke up screaming, everyone was trying to calm me down. "Hey, it's ok your safe." Kj said, hugging me. "I saw everything, I saw how Mack was killed." I screamed while tears rolled down my face. I explained what I dreamed of and they all had shocked expressions. "What?" I curiously asked. "Well, the police came by while you were sleeping and they found Mack and what you dreamed was what happened to him." Chris bluntly said. I was very confused and very scared. My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach and I couldn't speak for a minute. "Are you ok?" Kit asked noticing how upset I was. "Yea, just a little anxious." I stated. "Well, how about we go and have the time of our lives because that's what Mack would want us to." Kj said. We all agreed and got dressed.