°•°:•○° Two °○•:°•°

(Y/N) pov

Flashback

"Oh come on! It can be our little secret," The man says with a grim expression.

I shift uneasy. "I already said no."

The man tries grabbing me with his filthy hands. "Let go!" I scream multiple times until I hear a loud thud.

"Are you okay?" Someone asks.

I look from the person on the ground to the person now talking to me. He was a redhead with a beanie, headphones laying around his neck and resting on his shoulders. He was wearing a white long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a sweatshirt tied around his waist with shorts. My favorite part of his appearance had been his smile and the skateboard.

"Uhm.. yes, I am now. Thank you... is he..?" I slowly answer and question.

He looks down at the man at our feet. "No, hes just knocked out. You should probably start getting far away before he wakes up. My name is Mikasi Yata."

I nod slowly and take it all in. He was cute but I'm sure he's busy. "My name is (Y/N) (L/N)." I reply.

He smiles, "well, gotta get going. See ya, (Y/N)."

He was off just like that.

Reality

"Hey, I think I remember who you are," Yata says slowly. He walks over to where I am on the skateboard.

I hop off and hold it in a hand. He must've just remembered.  "What do you mean?" I say.

He stops halfway. "You're the girl I saved from that perv!" He says cheerfully like he just had the best gift of his life.

I shift and place a hand on my hip. "So what?"

"You should join HOMRA. I've met you twice before so it must mean something," He says, he acts like he doesn't know that I've always been around, "besides, I know you're always keeping an eye on me.." he stops again and glares, ".. so you know too much to be out of it."

I step back. "I only know you," I say.

He laughs, "I know who you are, I always see you watching, you have a very observant eye... I also know your past," He says the last part like it's that important.

What most people don't know about me is I've had ties with old Kings. I never served any of them but I've known them, talked to them. The only King I've never bother talking to was Makoto. But that was for multiple reasons. One, he would kill me on sight because of... old ties. And two, Yata is always around.

"I know no inside information from any Kings, especially yours. I have never spoken to Makoto," I said the name like it was a curse. Something important maybe but nothing I cared for.

Yata sighs and shrugs. "Theres no getting you in on choice so don't complain about what happens next."

I stand away. Confused from his words until I trip, then blackness.