11

Taehyun has always been that kind of guy who doesn't put 'dating' on his dictionary. Not because he don't like it, but because he's afraid of it.

When it comes to having a lover, he doesn't mind about the gender, because he believes that love always wins, no matter what gender you have.

Though, he never experienced having a couple in his entire life because like it said, he's afraid of it. He's afraid of committing into a relationship with someone.

Like Kai, he's afraid of getting hurt.

His parents got divorced when he was 14, and is now currently living with his mother.

He saw the pain in her eyes when his father left. She truly loved him, but sadly, his father didn't feel the same and left her for another woman.

And that's how he promised to himself that he doesn't want any lovey dovey in his life, owing to the fact that he doesn't want to experience the same way his mother did.

Every student that confessed to him got turned down. Every gifts he got from Valentine's got thrown away secretly. He rather stay at home and watch Netflix than attend to prom every year.

That's how strict he is to his no dating policy.

Then suddenly, he met a boy...

Kai Huening

He was truly surprised by the sudden message popped on his screen by an unknown number.

He had the urge to block the number than replying to it, but the sense of humor from the sender made him chuckle, so he replied.

And he never regret his decision of replying to the anonymous person since it lead to an unexpected friendship from a cute guy, as he thought.

And yes, he thinks Kai is cute. From having such unique features as a half asian and half european, wondering why he didn't notice him before.

Not only cute, but he thinks of him as kind and a super sweet person. Kai is the type of person who would literally give you his lunch if you forgot to bring some and would buy you milk as well for an extra.

Can't believe people like him exist. Taehyun thought then chuckled.

Kai has always been there for Taehyun. Going to his basketball practice every Thursday and Friday just to be his support system, inviting him to sit with his friends since he always sits alone, volunteering himself to walk him home (since Kai's home is a walking distance from Taehyun's home, Kai thought "why not?"), also helping Taehyun with some works since Taehyun is a student council president.

From the past 3 months of their friendship, little did Taehyun know that he is growing feelings for Kai.

And he didn't like it.

He wanted to avoid Kai to try to forget his feelings for him, but he doesn't want to hurt the guy as well since they already grew closer.

But ever since Kai was the one avoiding Taehyun, he felt a sharp pain on his chest.

He wanted to talk to Kai about it, but he is afraid that Kai would get so mad at him to the point that they will lose their friendship in a snap.

He didn't know what was going on with Kai. Hell, he didn't even know what he did wrong to avoid him like that.

Taehyun wanted to cry. He doesn't want to lose Kai.

He doesn't want to lose the only boy he unexpectedly fell for.

He wanted him back.