Part 6

Bio, well, the rest of it since its relevant here:

A dormant agent, as it was mentioned, is someone that’s been successfully inducted into the ISF but chooses to be inactive and resume their life on earth. These agents can recall that they have powers but can’t use them. They are usually under the protection of the ISF and remain under it until they want to be an active agent or until they are called to duty. Hawk is currently an Active Agent in the ISF.

Scotty is the nickname for the agent on the bridge of HQ who is in charge of communications and some of the major technologies involved like the Hyper-beam transfer. It’s basically a running joke that Hawk calls him Scotty and Scotty calls her Kirk. It’s a nice one line joke that kind of keeps them from getting overly serious about things involving the two.

---------------------------------------------------------

POV: First person, Hawk

I looked around in the bright light that had greeted me in his subconscious. The light faded enough so I could see that I was standing in a room.

            It was a bedroom. Maybe a memory...

            I watched the man sitting in the seat in front of a computer play an amnesia game. His voice wasn’t as deep as Mark’s but he spoke like Mark.

            “That’s me…” I heard from behind me. I turned to see Mark sitting on the bed, watching the one on the computer. “…From my early YouTube days.”

I glanced around and plucked the small glowing drop of hope that I had gotten into his system moments ago. I put it in one of the pockets on the front of my vest.

            I looked at both Marks and nodded, “So this is what Demon couldn’t change.”

            Mark smiled and handed me the framed paper in his hands. “That’s the engineering degree I had earned in college.” He took it from me and put it back. “I don’t really use it now.”

            I looked at him in his purest form. A person’s soul shows their purest form. Mark sat on the bed, nearly naked, only shrouded in a ribbon of light. It covered his upper legs and mid section, draped over his chest onto his back and kept things covered.

            “For such an attractive human, you sure do keep yourself covered.” I commented.

            He looked at me then at the ribbon of light. “Yeah, I do. It goes back to a long time ago.” He moved so I could sit next to him. “But mostly just for the sake of not showing off on camera, even though the fan girls love it.”

            “Your fans will love you for the rest of eternity.” I said quietly. “You’ve changed too many lives for anything different to happen.” I turned to him. “Your significance on this planet is so immense that the ISF didn’t immediately induct you. They want to and they will as soon as you are ready to leave this all behind or when we need you to become an active member.”

            “Being in space was really hard to turn down.” Mark smiled at his back from the past. He turned to me, “So you’re there all the time?”

            “Most of the time, yes,” I answered. “It’s an incredible but scary place. It’s hostile and cold but can be warm and welcoming too.” I took out my ‘phone’. It’s really my space phone. It’s mostly alien technology. It’s also one I built myself in my early Apprenticeship days. I opened it and showed him pictures I’ve taken of various things I’ve seen in the last six Earth months.