two

later that night, jonah went home.

when he nor love returned back to the church, everything was cancelled and everyone went home, questioning what had just happened.

jonah ignored calls from his family and friends, clearly he was in the worst mood possible. he even tried calling love, wanting an explanation as to why she pulled that shit back at the church.

best day of my life my ass.

when jonah opened the door to his and love's penthouse, he saw how big the fire had gotten in the fireplace. as he approached it, he saw a wedding dress burning in there, love's wedding dress.

jonah clenched his fist and threw more wood into the fireplace, helping the fire burn the dress.

he walked straight to his office and sat down on his chair. stressed, he poured himself a glass of wine to ease his mind.

jonah opened his computer and began searching. once he had found what he'd wanted, he called the number.

♤♤♤

zachary herron was rich.

he lived in a luxurious condominium, occasionally having friendly dinner events at his home, but no one really questioned his wealth.

it wasn't a topic zach liked to discuss, his job and wealth. sure, you could obviously tell zach was wealthy, but people never really seemed to ask why. if people did ask, zach would chuckle and say daddy's money, and move on.

truth was, zach's job was dangerous, risky. but zach liked the risk, he liked the thrill that came with his job.

he was a private investigator.

he was not your usual private investigator, his job went beyond what a regular p.i. would do.

if you wanted to hire zach, you would have to find him through the dark web.

his job went to greater lengths, instead of just secretly following around people, zach would do more than that, if requested by his clients.

some clients requested zach to kill who they told him to follow, or bring them back to the client for them to do the dirty work themself.

zach didn't care what he did, as long as he was paid, he saw nothing wrong with what he did.

some of his client's requests weren't that dark, sometimes they would just ask him to spook the certain person for their own enjoyment.

nevertheless, as long as zach was paid, he executed his job perfectly.

zach laid in bed that evening, waiting on his friend, jack avery, to show up.

they met when one of his friends brought jack to zach's dinner. zach initially thought he wouldn't like jack, but his feelings changed later that night when jack stayed the night after everyone had left. they began to talk and realized they had similar interests, becoming quick friends.

even though jack didn't know what zach's profession was, it worried zach if he had ever found out. but, he always pushed it to the side.