seventeen

! trigger warning !

mentions of abuse

♤♤♤

jonah walked into his office, seeing daniel sitting on the chair in front of his desk. he walked over to his side of his table and got out a suitcase.

"$10,000 correct?" jonah asked.

daniel nodded, anxious to get his hands on his prize.

jonah picked up 10 $1000 envelopes and handed them to daniel. daniel happily retrieved the money but counted for himself just to make sure he was paid properly.

"thank you for your work, daniel. have a good evening."

as jonah sat down on his chair, daniel also sat down on the chair in front of his desk, confusing jonah.

"actually, i'd like to show you something, jonah."

jonah furrowed his eyebrows but motioned daniel to go on. daniel pulled out his phone and began searching through his camera roll. he clicked on an album titled 'love and zach.'

"zach and love are in love. while zach was trying to gain love's trust, he also stole her heart. they began going on dates a lot too and i'd see them together. i heard their conversations through a small device i planted on zach's shoe. they talked as if though they were in love. i also have pictures of them too."

daniel began scrolling through the photo album, showing jonah. a particular picture of zach kissing love showed up, engaging jonah even more.

"that sick son of a bitch," jonah mumbled.

jonah waked straight out of his office and down to the basement. as he walked towards love's cell, he could hear her whimpering and crying.

jonah unlocked the cage and slapped love across the face before pulling her hair to look at him.

"you're in love with zach?! what the hell, love! i am the one for you, not him. all he had to do was bring you back to me but instead he took you from me! explain yourself!" he screamed, scaring love.

love cowered and cried, she choked on her words as she began talking. "i love him! is that what you wanna hear?! he loves me, something you could never do. he saved me from you, he protected me from you! he never hurt me like you did. he was more of a lover than you ever were to me!"

jonah let go of love's head and exited the cage. he turned around and looked back down at her.

"you really brought this upon yourself, love. this is what you get for disobeying me. i might not even spare your precious little life anymore, i'll kill you before mr superhero zach even gets close to saving you," jonah said as he gritted his teeth.

jonah walked back upstairs in his office, seeing daniel still there. he was annoyed by his presence and almost yelled at him to leave before he spoke up.

"my listening device on zach can also track him too. he's coming close here.

jonah smirked as he looked at daniel's phone. "well then, let him come. looks like i got two people to get rid of now."

♤♤♤

zach sighed as he saw jonah's large mansion come into view. he turned off his car lights and quietly drove into the large driveway.

he got out of his car and saw the lights on the front of the house all dark. he debated breaking in through the windows but thought he'd have a security system set into place.

insteas, he made his way around the house, trying to find some other way to try and get in. but still, there were many windows and a side door which to his demise was locked.

zach groaned before getting to the back of the house and seeing a door on the ground. he assumed it to be a basement and tried opening the door.

fortunately, the door was unlocked and zach went down the stairs, closing the doors behind him.

as he walked around and observed his surroundings, he heard faint cries and whimpers coming from one side of the room.

"p-please, please don't hurt me," he heard love beg.

his heart fluttered and calmed, hearing love's voice but then sped up again when he heard her cried for help. it sounded just like when he had startled her in the hotel bathroom and thought zach was jonah.

zach's heart broke, hearing love cry and beg for her life. he made his way to her, listening as her voice got closer and closer before finding her in a cage in the corner of the room.

"zach? oh my god," love cried as she made her way to the cage, holding zach's hand through the bars.

"love, thank god. you're alive, i was so worried about you," zach said as he caressed her cheek, tightening his grip on her hand.

he looked around to try and find keys to open the cage. he looked around as love watched anxiously, worried that jonag could come down any minute.

as zach was searching, he heard love scream his name. when he turned around, he was met with jonah standing behind him, with a gun pointed right between his eyes.

"hello again, zachary."

! an !

there's only 2 more chapters left :(
however i do have a corbyn book on the way so be on the lookout for that!