Chapter Nine ~ welcome back

A week. He hasn't showed up to the dorm in a
week.
Every night it gets quiet and lonely, I uselessly stare at the door as if any minute he could walk through.
I can handle it if he came back and ignored me, hate me even, but for me never to see him again is unbearable. He hasn't even showed up at school, or maybe he has but is avoiding me at all cost. I don't blame him.
I sit curled up on my bed working on homework and glance to his empty bed.
He should be over it by now, right?
I sigh and check my phone. 9 o'clock. I should probably just look for him tomorrow, I throw my homework on the dresser and get into my covers.
_______________________
"P'Karp!" A hand waves in front of me.
"Oh? Is he okay?" He's been like this for days now" says P'kao who has finally started school here.
"Yeah, I've heard that P'kun hasn't showed up to school either," P'San slaps the back of my neck, "hey what's going one between you two."
"Owww!", I rub my neck slowly and lie, "nothing."
"Uh sure, nothing," P'San crosses his arms and leans against the desk.
"Oh! Isn't that an engineering student?" P'kao points at the window to one of P'kuns friends P'tai.
I met P'tai by chance one day and all I have to say it was not a good first impression.
"Shit!" I yell and get under a desk to avoid any confrontation.
5 minutes later P'tai walks into the classroom, "where is he?"
"Hmmm, I haven't seen him," says P'San, "he's probably hiding like a little sissy."
I kick his shins from under the table and he jumps.
"Well if you see him tell him it's important," he says and leaves.
I get out from under the table. If he came here it must be to beat me up, most likely,  but his voice seemed desperate. I hope everything is good.
"Ow!" Says P'San as he punches my arm, "what was that for, asshole."
I ignore it and gather my stuff, "let's get to class."
P'San and P'kao follow behind.
__________________________
We head to lunch but in a different area then our usual, I'm still trying to avoid getting beat up by P'tai.
"P'kao try this sandwich I made," says Amy.
We've still been together since that incident, yes I know I'm an idiot but things are as they should be. Ive been happy? I guess you can say that.
"Mmmm," I smile while chewing, "delicious."
"Yay," she squeals and gives me a hug.
"Yuck, yuck you guys," P'San whines, "some of us are actually single and don't wanna see such lovey dovey whatever ."
Me and Amy smile and glance at each other.
"Actually," P'kao interrupts, " I thought you and P'kun were together"
"Yeah I did too," P'San raises a hand, " you guys had this weird smooth chemistry whenever I saw you."
"That's the chemistry of friendship," I say.
Was it? Was it friendship? Brotherly love? Something more? I mean, it must of been love, considering he was my "first time".
I sigh, the whole thing just comes rushing back.
"See just friendship," Amy laughs wrapping and arm around me and kissing my cheek.
I'm still zoned out to notice.
_________________________
After classes are done I catch a taxi home and think about him on the way. I remember the day he said he couldn't ride a car. How cute he was.
I smile.
When I reach the dorm a tall masculine figure is leaning against the door. P'tai.
"Shiiiiit," I whisper and try to turn around slowly before he can see my face.
"I know it's you," he says sternly, "get your ass over here."
I cringe in disappointment and turn around.
When I walk up to him his expression is more concerned than angry.
"I need," he sighs as if it hurts to put his pride away, "I need your help."
"Umm, is everything good?" I brace myself.
"It's P'kun," he says.
"Is he hurt?" My heart races. Please be okay.
"See! You do care," says P'tai, "I don't know what he sees in you. Your such a jerk."
"I know I am," I admit, "but what about P'kun is he hurt?"
"Come see for yourself," he says grabbing me by the arm and taking me with him.
________________________
We arrive at his apartment and I look around.
A couch has a folded blanket and pillow, probably where P'kun sleeps.
It's pretty dim in here except for a lamp so P'tai turns on all the lights.
"Over there," he points to the corner of the couch and I walk over to find P'kun leaned up against the wall with bottles lined up at his sides. It hurts to see him like this.
"He's been like that for a week," P'tai continues, "he sleeps occasionally but always in this corner."
I stare at him, heart aching.
"You better fix this," says P'tai as he leaves us alone in the room.
I bend down and tap his shoulder.
"P'taiiii," he slurs moving my hand away, "turn off the liiiighhts."
"P'kun," I say softly putting my hand back on his shoulder, "it's me."
He slowly opens his eyes and looks at me, still a little hazed.
"Oh? Hi P'kun," he smiles while his head nods from side to side.
"Have you been like this the whole time," I ask.
"W-what do you mean?" He says, "it's only Tuesday."
"P'kun," I sigh, "it's been a week."
"Oh?" He laughs softly, "guess I have a lot of homework to do."
I sigh picking up the bottles off the floor and lifting him up.
He sobers up when we get home but he's still a little out of it.
I slowly lay him down on his bed and pull the blanket up to his chest.
I touch his head and instantly move my hand away.
"P'kun," I tap his shoulder, "you have a fever."
He mumbles and turns over but I rush to get a bowl of water and a towel. I wipe the sweat off his head, pull his blanket down and slowly lift his shirt. His hands stop me.
"I'm not lying," he mumbles, "I really really do like you."
I sit there.
"I know that," I say back.
"Then why can't you just like me back," he sighs, "or you could've at least told me you were with Amy."
"I-I just assumed you knew," I think.
"She came over to the dorm often as a friend how was I supposed to know," he says, "that last time she came as something more."
I think, he does have a point there.
He rolls over on his back and sighs.
"After I had time to drown myself," he starts, "I realized how stupid I was."
He looks over to me.
"You don't have to like me I understand, but for now don't talk to me," he says, "or I'll just keep hurting myself."
He takes the towel from my hand and puts it over his eyes.
I step back looking at him head to toe and then walk over to my bed.
I sit there for what feels like hours as I watch him sleep. He sneezes and sniffles occasionally and it gives me the urge to take care of him.
But if I want him to stay I should probably leave him alone.
Thanks for coming back, I think. Don't worry I'll figure these feelings out. Don't hate me for too long.
I scoot down into my covers and fall asleep with a slight smile. As long as he's here with me , that's all that matters.