- Secret 4 -

Akari's POV

  Laito's older brother stared at me, looking for any flaws from my manners. From head to toe. I can feel his eyes scanning me, waiting for something to happen. Sadly, I am not here to entertain him but to be with my best friend. Sakamaki Reiji is the second eldest of the family and he's really handsome with his cold and glaring eyes. He sighed and turn his gaze towards Laito.

"Where's your manners, Laito? Aren't you gonna introduce your friend?" Reiji asked Laito beside me, I could feel the air getting thick but Laito smirked, the playfulness around him didn't falter.

"This is Ueda Akari, my best friend." Laito said.

"It is nice to meet you Reiji-san, I've heard a lot of things about you, good things of course." I greet him with a soft smile while my other hand tuck a few strands of my hair behind my ear.

"So it's you, Ueda Akari, I've also heard a lot about you. How about drinking tea in my study?" Reiji asked, holding my hand and kissing it gently.

"My, what an offer but I must decline for now. I still need to study with Laito." I said, pulling back my hand as an arm snaked around my waist, pulling me closer to his body.

"Then I shall wait after you study with, Laito. After all, it's better if I get to know about you. About how intelligent you are." Reiji smirked after saying his words, turning his back and walking away from us.

  I heard a soft sigh from Laito's lips as he pull me inside his room. He removed his fedora from his head, throwing it on his bed before he sit down in front of his study table. I grab another chair and sit beside him, playing with his hair until he's relaxed. I smiled and give him a peck on his cheek, a soft blush adoring his cheeks.

"What's that for?" He ask, smirking playfully.

"You looked a little stressed, you need to loosen up so that you can study easily."  I whispered, twirling a lock of his hair while hiding my face on his shoulder.

"Aww, mon chaton (my kitten) is getting shy." He said, brushing strands of my hair from my face, making me close my eyes from embarrassment.

"Stop t-teasing me." I whimper.

"How can I? Look at you, blushing like crazy while I tease you with words. Look at how red you are." Laito whispered in my ear, his breath fanning my ear. It made me whimper as I smack his head.

"Shut it, let's study now!" I yelled, opening my eyes and staring at him.

  He laughed for a minute before playfully smirking, I even bribe him with macarons just to have him get serious with studying. I guess it worked since he got two mistakes from math and I'm glad that he's improving a lot! If he continue this, then we can rest early!

***

Laito is still asleep as I open my eyes, it's already morning and it's normal for him to be sleeping, after all he's a vampire. I grab my phone on the bedside table and read through the messages of my brother, mentioning a lot of paper works for me to do after this. My brain needs to relax and he's not helping!

"Why are you frowning?" Laito asked from behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist while smirking at my expression.

"I don't want to work but my brother is sending a lot of papers and documents!" I said, turning my body to face him and snuggling to his neck. He smells really great.

"Well, we can't really do anything about that. He's just preparing you for your own future." Laito said, twirling a lock of my hair around his finger.

"Future? I don't even want to handle our business. I like playing violin and did you know what my father did to me after having a tantrum because I wanted to play violin instead of learning how to handle our business?" I ask him and he shook his head, looking at me with his beautiful emerald eyes. Have I ever said before that his eyes are beautiful?

"He stepped on my fingers and luckily he didn't broke them." I said, smiling at him while combing his hair with my fingers.

"That's sad, very." He replied, holding my left hand that was combing his hair and pressing his lips on it.

"Why won't you step on his face after having the company in your hands?" Laito said, giggling after. I smirked and flip myself on his top. Trapping his body between my legs as I sit on his belly.

"I'm really happy to have you as my friend, Laito." I whispered and lower my head on his face to plant small kisses on his cheeks.

"Me too." Laito replied, pulling me in his arms and caressing my back.

  Me and Laito stayed like that for a few minutes, hugging each other and him whispering sweet nothings to my ears. I really appreciate Laito being beside me during times like this. I climb up to his body to snuggle closer to him, I just want to hold him like this for a long time and not think of anything else concerning my family.

"Let's shower then eat. I'll let you go home after that." Laito said, he suddenly sit up from his position, making me sit on his lap.

"Ah!" I squealed as my cheeks turn bright pink, this is such an embarrassing position we're in.

"Aww, you're such a cutie." Laito said, letting out a chuckle as I stand up from my position.

"I'll take a shower and then we'll eat, after that you can take me home." I said, walking towards his private bathroom.

"What about Reiji's proposal?" He asked, even if I'm not looking at him, I can still see his smirking face.

"It's better not to get involved with him." I said with a small smile on my face before proceeding inside the bathroom.

  After taking a quick shower, I wear my long-sleeved tight baby pink dress and my cream fur coat with white sandals for my feet . I really like fur coats and Laito has a lot of them!

"You look so pretty, come here." Laito said, motioning for me to come near him while still sitting on his bed. I obeyed and stopped in front of him.

"The fur coat really suits you." He whispered, hugging my waist.

"Thank you." I said, hugging him close.

  It's really nice to spend time like this with him, just cuddling and reading books. I could never ask for more.

~~~~~~~~