0.1

"Dammit!"
I look into the bathroom mirror and scold my hair for being stubborn. Why did today have to be the day I face a freaking challenge? It's bad enough that I can't get my hair ready for the day-a big day. Why is it that I can't function on the day I have something big planned? Stupid.

"Are you ready?" My friend yells from down the hall of the small apartment.
I sigh at the reflection of the hideous human form that is me, and flatten out my shirt.

Are you ready Kalana? You better be...

I walk out of the bathroom, jacket in hand, ready to approach my stubborn, yet, loving friend.

"So?" I mumble at her. The leather of the jacket annoys me so much-ripping it off would seem better.

"You look..." She drifts off. I knew it. I fucking knew it.

"It's too much, isn't it?" I grunt. She turns her head slightly.

"It's, casual-I wouldn't say that's it's not good. You're going to be fine Kalana, trust me, your boss will like you." She comforts me.

She says that as if it's a good thing.

I give a small smile and follow her out the door.

I take one breath of the cold, November air and allow my body to relax. I feel a slight raindrop on my nose.

"We better go now, it's starting to drizzle," I say to my friend, Somia. She nods and opens the car door, leading both of us into the black corvette. It's her first day working at a big company as well.

Hopefully her boss likes her more than mine.

We arrive in front of the huge building. I thank Somia and look up at the black skyscraper. The stone steps are covered in water from the hard-pouring rain. I curse under my breath when I almost fall. The glass doors open to reveal a huge lobby, mostly made out of glass, obviously. I breathe and walk in, trying not to fail again.

The worker at the front desk politely smiles as I walk up to her.

"Is he here yet?" I grip onto my folder of papers.

"He'll be here in about 15 minutes." She replies sweetly. I thank her and walk up to my office, waiting for Mr. Hood to "control me" again.

I neatly arrange my papers on the redwood desk. The sound of the rain hits the window, making the annoying, tapping sound that I can't stand. I immediately walk up to the cold glass and place my hand on it-staring at the dark and cloudy sky. A small knock at my door surprises my thoughts.

"Miss Yaner? He's here," the female quietly asks. I nod and she walks away, her heels, going against the carpet. I freshen up my outfit and walk out the small office. I look left and right of the hallway, making my way to Mr. Hood's office. I heavily breathe as I knock on the door, not ready to see my "boss".

"Mr. Hood?" I slowly open the door. He stands there, leaning on his desk-tapping away with his fingers on the top of the table. His body turned away from me.

"Mr. Hood?" I ask again, impatiently.

"Come in Miss Yaner," he stops tapping. I close the door behind me and walk up to the small chair in front of his desk. He stands upright and starts to roll up his sleeves. I roll my eyes in return.

"Do you know why I called you in, Miss Yaner?" He questions. I hesitate, trying to swallow the hard lump in my throat. Fuck! This is not going to work. I need to talk, Kalana, I need to be strong.

"I came in here, you didn't call me," I point to the carpet, staring at him confused. He stops walking around me. I can see his perfect jawline. Can I kiss it?

What.

"That means you trust your basic instinct to face me," He continues to walk around me. He plays with his sleeves again. His cologne fills my nose with its manly scent. I scoot back into the small chair, trying not to inhale more of his spray. Casual Mr. Hood, always looking somewhat formal and busy, yet has the time to walk around me and explain stories that I already know.

"Why do you do that?" I ask. He stops again.

"Do what, Miss Yaner?" He replies, huskily. Damn this guy can make me shudder.

"Why do you roll up your sleeves like that?" I ask again, not turning my position in the chair. I don't want to face him.

"For multiple reasons, Miss Yaner. Would you like to know the reasons?" I can feel him smirking behind me.

"No, probably another time." I reply quietly. He continues to walk slowly. Man, how long of a walk does he need?

I see a picture of a woman on the front of his desk.

"That's my fiancé," he replies before I can ask. I hold out my hand to touch the picture, but he grabs ahold of it, surprising me.

"Don't touch it, I need it to be clean." He gently lets go and continues to walk around.

"How did you know I was going to ask about your fiancé?" I hold onto the small chair. He stops walking yet again.

"I know a lot Miss Yaner. I'm not- What's the word? Unintelligent? We'll go for that right now," He snaps.

"Are there reasons for you not being "unintelligent" too?" I sass back. He chuckles.

"Miss Yaner, don't try to challenge me. It won't work," He defends. I can't help but giggle.

"What's funny Miss Yaner?" He asks.

"You sound like me now."

"I do, don't I? Well I won't sound like you when you have to fill out these papers, for my next meeting?" He hands me another folder with a stack of pages to fill out. My eyes widen at the huge pile. I grunt and pick up the folder, walking hastily, away from his hideous office.

"One more thing Miss Yaner," He decides to talk again.

"What?" I snap.

"Why did you come in here in the first place?" He asks. I pause for a moment.

"I-I, wanted to get the papers you were going to give me." I stutter. My heart beats tremendously.

"Good girl," He smirks at me before walking back to his huge, redwood desk. I glance back at him before walking out. I reach my small office and set the papers aside.

What did I just do?