chapter four

Olivia's pov:

I was so embarrassed. I really thought he was going to kiss me. We had grown so close after we moved back to Salt Lake and I really thought he was starting to like me.

I know, I had really fallen for Josh but I couldn't admit it.

But now he rejected me, I could help but burst into tears, it showed me how much I cared about him and how much I cared that he doesn't feel the same. 

I wiped my tears after a few minutes of letting my emotions get the better of me and decided I would dress up as nicely as I could for the first table read. Show Josh what he's was missing.

I put a red floral dress on, curled my hair and applied simple but glowy makeup and tinted my lips with my strawberry chapstick. I put a denim jacket over the top and put the necklace my ex bought me last year for Christmas. Josh knew about this necklace and would recognise it for sure after he convinced me to take it off after Ethan dumped me 2 days before my sixteenth birthday.

I felt pretty.

I knew I didn't need these things to make me feel better about myself but it definitely helped after my knock of confidence earlier.

I grabbed my bag, my phone, and my script before heading out the door to meet the rest of the cast in the lobby.

Just as I got to the elevator, the doors were closing but the person inside put their foot in the door to stop it from closing and let them open again. I looked up to thank the person. 

But that person was Josh.

"Hey," he says, obviously awkward by our interaction.

"Look about earlier, I just wanted to say..." He starts before I interrupt.

"It's fine Josh, it doesn't even matter, just forget that it happened, that's probably for the best.

"No, it's not for the best, I wanted to, I really wanted to kiss you Liv, please believe me, but what would we do with the show and everything, I just didn't want it to mess anything up between us. Because you really are my best friend and I can't lose that. I won't" He says to me, grabbing both my hands in the deserted elevator.

He puts his hand to my face and looks at me with such sincerity.

"Can we try again?" He says, before leaning in to kiss me.

But right before our lips could even touch, the elevator doors opened, indicating that we had made it to the ground floor.

"Damn it," I say, annoyed that we were interrupted.

"Don't worry," Josh says, "We have time"

I smile and nod.

We are greeted by the rest of the cast before making it into the bus that would take us all to set.

The bus ride was only 20 minutes long, however I was sat with Sofia, who I love, but I wish I was sat with Josh, who was sat with Julia.

I kept stealing glances of him and occasionally we would meet ears and chuckle and smile at each other. I really hope this goes somewhere, I really like him.

"How's stuff with Josh going?" Sofia asks quietly. I grin at her.

"What happened?" She squeals, almost a bit too loud so a few people turn and look at us.

I shush her before saying.

"We almost kissed twice today, and it's the first time that's happened but maybe next time we actually will, I feel like we have tension building up like I may end just jumping on him"