19

Alessio suddenly recalls that Raul is on Del Buono's payroll. Although not directly involved, Alessio feels compelled to intervene, he would never forgive himself for not doing his best to avoid such an ill-omened event. He contacts Raul and orders him to find out the missing information by the Del Buono clan, but despite Raul's major efforts, the information he's looking for is too confidential and impossible to get a hold of. Alessio/Nikto is tormented by his inability to act. Meanwhile the news on the TV is that a massive amount of cocaine was confiscated from a Colombian cartel. Through Raul, Nikto is able to reach the Del Buonos and propose an arms for drugs deal. The mafia mobsters realize that they'd gain a huge profit so they go for it: more money will come in this way instead of selling to the terrorists. According to Nikto's plan, two runners will break into the police department's deposit area where the cocaine haul is kept before investigation, prior to its final disposal. To recruit his second man, Nikto orders Raul, in disguise, to beat up Marco. Raul has a message for his victim: those blows were his punishment for being disloyal to someone who trusted him. Marco tries to understand who might be the master mind of this vendetta and pulls out a list of offences he committed: he's been screwing so many people over that he can't even figure out who the lesson is coming from. He's thinking one of his victims was also Alessio, but rules him out right away thinking Alessio is too much of a naive nerd to come up with this sort of revenge plan. Raul tells him that if his boss let him live it's only because his attempt to swindle him turned out to be a favor. Who sent you, who are you working for? Marco asks persistently. Raul just knows that his name is NIKTO. Marco, who knows a bit of Russian, wonders if it's a joke, since Nikto in the Russian language means NOBODY! But then he concludes that it must be someone smarter than he thought: evidently someone who knows a lot, and can hold his prey by the balls, without even exposing himself. He's also discovered that Marco is planning a major swindle to make a profit in the millions league, that he could easily blow up the deal, except if... what?, Marco worriedly ask. Unless he backs Raul on the cocaine theft at the police department deposit. Marco has invested a lot in his plan and can't afford to let it fall through; he is forced to accept the offer: he will assist Raul in the mission. The night of the theft it all seems to go well except for the moment they escape; Marco gets stuck while climbing the palisade of the police department. Raul tries to help him out, but doesn't want to risk getting caught so he runs away. Marco is arrested and the only thing he can confess is what he knows: the boss' name is Nikto. Gloria, who is a journalist and reporter, is in the police station collecting the last news to begin her investigation, on the trail of the invisible NIKTO, without knowing that the man she is looking for is actually her husband. After the drugs for arms trade, Nikto lets Raul keep only some machine-guns of the arsenal, ordering him to destroy what's left. Raul doesn't understand, he thinks it's senseless to waste that arsenal worth millions of Euros. Nikto explains to him that he has no material interests: his only goal was to prevent the terrorist attack.