The "Time" has come

I rushed out of the door and ran down the street, passing everything in a blur. The cold wind and snow remind me of my earlier episode with the fainting. As I'm running, everything looks so deserted, no one has came out today, strangely enough. I see my destination and start bolting, so many questions to ask! I run up the driveway, and knock on the door. Grandma Harriet leisurely comes to the door, my impatience growing. How long is it going to take, I mean really! I say mentally. Finally she comes to the door and opens it.

"Grandma, I need to-." I hurriedly say, but then she cuts me off with a wave of her hand.

"I know, come inside." she says, she leads me to her couch and we sit. She looks strained this time and not happy.

"I know why you've come. You've been seeing them in your dreams haven't you." she says, more a statement than a question. Her eyes studying mine.

"Yes." I say, even though she didn't specify who "them" were, I knew. It's like that friend that you don't hang out with, but you still know them like you do...

"It's time that you embrace your job that you were born to do." she says with complete seriousness. The room we are in seems drained of it's happiness and warmth. The fireplace has gone out and it starts to snow harder and the wind picks up, shaking the house a little bit. The lighting seemed to dim, making the room look gray.

"Victoria, you are going to have to venture into another time. Once you do that you must head to the Kingdom of Faria," she says, then, gets up escorts me to the door like earlier and says something.

"Whatever happens, no matter the consequences, draw your abilities from your emotions and not raw power." she says, then she gives me a piece of paper and takes my hand, opens it, and then closes it. She ushers me out side and then closes the door. As I'm walking back to my house I pull out that paper.

"Dearest there shall be, struggles fought, battles won, love lost, deep thoughts, give and thy shall receive."

After I finish reading that I start to fold it up when I see something on the back,"... creates greed." I sigh and fold it all the way up and put it in my pocket. Wondering what that last riddle could've been, I think of multiple things but find none. I keep walking back to my house, humming.

"love lost."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you guys think of that chapter? A little shorter than my others but soon enough, the long ones will come. Anyways, if you have any character suggestions ( improvements, traits, introducing new characters maybe?) leave them in the comments! Please don't be shy to comment.

Next update should be on Monday.