IronMan to the rescue

Tony POV

I'm sitting in my room, relaxed and by myself watching tv. Well, not really watching it, more like having it on in the background while I focus in on my thoughts with some background noise.

Peters been acting different lately. Like more than just 'my last living relative died and I'm really sad about it' kind of thing. Something more internal and until I can figure out what it is I don't know what to do. I can see the darkness in his eyes and isolating tendencies.

I rub a hand over my face and sigh loudly. I just want to hold him and protect him from everything awful in this world, including the thoughts in his own mind.

"Boss, Peter is laying unconscious in his bathroom, I suspect from massive blood loss." FRIDAY announces and I feel my heart sink in my chest. I'm up and out of my room in seconds, bolting to Peters room.

I make it to his room in 30 seconds and barge in the door. I look over and see Peter lying on the tile floor of the bathroom. I rush over to him and lift him so he's sitting more upright.

"Peter? Peter?! Wake up, buddy. Come on." I say and shake him roughly. He groans and lulls his head to the side. Oh thank god he's alive. Of course I noticed the reason for his fainting. Of course I see the blood trickling down his legs and pooling in the floor. And I can't think about it right now or I'll have a melt down.

"Alright, kiddo, I'm gonna pick you up and we'll bring you up to the Med Bay and get you all fixed up." I say and throw one of his arms over my shoulders and pick him up bridal style.

"FRIDAY alert the Med Bay that we're on our way. And let the team know Peters hurt." I say, noticing how shaky my voice has gotten. I need to stay strong for Peter, he needs me right now more than ever. I carry Peter and walk as fast as I can to the elevator at the end of the hall.

Once we get inside the elevator, it automatically starts moving up to the right floor. I look down at the boy in my arms who's drifting in and out of consciousness.

"I got you, Pete, we'll be there soon. Just hold on a bit longer, okay?" I practically beg and the elevator doors open to a group of doctors and nurses waiting for us with a bed for Peter to lay in. I put him in the bed and doctors surround him and push me away.

"Is he going to be okay?!" I shout to them and one of the doctors leaves his side to talk to me. She takes me aside as the other doctors take him into a different room. "Where are they going?!" I ask, worried.

"Peter will be fine. He'll need a lot of stitches and we'll hook him up to some blood from how much he lost." She explains and I nod along to what she's saying. He'll be okay.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest and an entirely new and heavier weight rest on me again. He hurt himself. My knees suddenly buckle under me and I'm on the floor, my hands covering my mouth and nose. Tears spill out of my eyes and I start hyperventilating. Why would he do something like this? What would make him feel so awful as to actually do something so dangerous?

It feels like hours have passed of me just sobbing on the floor when I finally feel arms wrap around me. I automatically jerk away and look up to see Steve's worried face.

"Tony what happened? FRIDAY told me to come up here for Peter and when I got here a doctor told me you were crying on the floor and she couldn't get you out of it." He says anxiously. Oh my god, Peter. How long have I been siting here crying when he needs me?

I quickly stand up and walk away from Steve and toward the doctor. "Where's Peter?" I ask and she directs us to the room he's being treated in. We walk down a hallway and turn right into a large room where 2 doctors are stitching up his legs.

I hear Steve gasp behind me and I can't deal with him right now, I need to be here for Peter. I walk over to the bed and pull up a chair to sit next to him on his left side. The doctor working on his left leg moves her chair a bit so I can sit down and she can continue to work.

I grab his hand and look at his unconscious face. He looks so tired, there's bags under his eyes. How didn't I know how pale he is and exhausted he looks? I see Steve pull up a chair on the other side of Peters bed but ignore him.

I don't know how long it's been of me just holding Peters hand and staring at his face, waiting for him to wake up. I get startled when the doctors finish their stitches and start to pack up.

"We ended up having to do 57 stitches today. He'll need to come back in 2 weeks to get them taken out. He'll need to take some antibiotics, so I'll grab some of those for you, Mr Stark." He says and leaves the room.

57 stitches.

Thankfully they pulled the blanket over his legs before they left cause I'd be staring at them if not. I look away from Peter and over to Steve who's staring at me.

"What are we gonna do?"

Emo hours tbh