1• glee

Despite it being winter, the sunlight managed to creep its way through the cracks in the window blinds. I woke up, startled and heart hammering from a bad dream.
"Dammit.." I mumbled groggily, pulling my shaky hand to my chest. I subconsciously ran my other hand through my tousled hair as I sat up, grabbing my phone from my side table and checking the time. 6:43a.m. I sighed as I flopped back down onto my back in defeat. It was Saturday and it was much too early to be up on a weekend. My hands were slightly clammy. I opened up Instagram and decided to text the one and only human who keeps me from perishing; Jae. We've been friends since 2nd grade when he first moved into my neighbourhood. We bonded strongly throughout the years; yeah we've had our ups and downs but we stuck together through it.

———
jxrdanbelloc

me:  Heyy

jae: hi ! what're you doin up this early?

me: Woke up from a bad dream :( 

jae: awh, want me to come over?

me: Yeah sure 👉👈

jae: see you soon ;)

———

I squinted at my phone slightly at the last message. A winky face? I stared at the message for another couple minutes before I snapped out of my trance and realized I probably look like I died in my sleep. I heaved myself out of bed and looked at myself in my mirror up against the wall. My hair was a mess and I indeed looked like I died in my sleep. Despite hating myself for it, I always wore my husky onesie. What can I say; it's comfy. I hopped back into bed, not caring what I looked like at this point. Jae would be here in around 5 minutes, so I killed time by listening to my favourite song, Make you Mine by PUBLIC. That song means a lot to me. It reminds me of Jae. I just lay on my back and closed my eyes; thinking. Jae had a slight chiseled face with a fair skin tone and gorgeous blue-almost-green eyes. His hair was parted down the middle, and mid-length.

My door swung open gently with a slight creak. Startled, I sat upright and stared at the door with wide eyes.

"Hey, Xander."

My heart stopped for at least a second. The time went by quicker than I anticipated. Jae was here.
"Jae, you could've knocked!" I grumbled, feeling the blood rush to my face. Jae just smirked, slowly striding into my room and sitting at the foot of my bed. My eyes were still slightly wide as I bit my lip.

"Why are you so nervous? We're best friends." Jae glanced at me, still giving me that smug look. He scooted a bit closer to me. I looked away, my brows furrowing. My heart sank a little at his words but I pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged them,

"It's just—early and I'm still tired." I murmured defensively. Jae was so close now that he was leaning on my legs.

"Nice onesie, Alex." Jae teased, giving me a side-glance. I rolled my eyes, playfully punching his arm.
"Hey, you said you're still tired, right?" Jae was now fully gazing at me. I nodded. "well, nobody said we can't go back to sleep for another couple hours, right?"

My heart felt like it was pounding against my chest, begging for an escape. We've shared a bed countless times in the past, but not in a while.
"I mean—yeah, I'd like that." I couldn't bare to meet his eyes.