Chapter 12

Thanks for the votes!!

Naira was looking in the mirror, she can't believe her own self. She wore a golden gown , it was shimmering at the top and then flowed down and her hairs were tied in a beautiful bun losing some hair strands here and there.

She twirled excitedly , she loved this dress just not only because it was beautiful but Kartik gave her. She was starting to feel the invisible bond between them , Kartik was talking about.

"Are you done day dreaming??" Mansi said leaning on the door frame.

Naira blushed

" Mom see who's blushing.." Mansi said to Swarna who was passing by.

Swarna went in and hugged Naira.

" You're looking beautiful" Swarna said to Naira and then left

" C'mon let's go , my brother might be waiting for you" Mansi said grabbing her hand

Naira has became very comfortable with these people , Mansi , Swarna , they behave like the real mother sister bond.

They walked down the hallway and met Kartik at the end of the corridor in a black tuxedo.

" Here is your girl , have a nice night" Mansi said with a bowing

" Stop it , Mansi , go now" Kartik said while smiling and looking at Naira

Mansi gave them a mischievous smile and then left.

" Shall we? " Kartik said forwarding his hand

Naira took his hand and current ran through her body , she looked at him , he was perfect.

They came down and waited in the middle platform before the announcements of their arrival would be made.

They heard some giggling sound and saw some maids upstairs looking at them , then they noticed the mistletoe.

" We should fulfill their wish" Naira said and coming closer to Kartik.

Both leaned in for a kiss , it was short but very passionate.

Naira couldn't believe herself , the bold move she made by kissing him , but it felt good and she had the urge to do again , but the announcements were made.

They walked the marble staircase which was decorated with flowers and silk .

" Are these all Vampires?" Naira asked Kartik nervously

Kartik nodded

" And they can hear us??" Naira said whispering

Kartik nodded again.

Kartik and Naira went in between the hall and the music started. They both started to dance. It was a tradition. After few minutes , Naira left him with a bow and went to take the seat next to Swarna.

After sometime,. people were talking , going here and there. Naira was standing in a corner with a glass of wine , well only she had wine , rest were having blood , that was uneasy for Naira.

She was trying to find atleast one recognizable face , that is when she saw Mansi in a corner with two boys, but Mansi was looking as if she was going to cry.

Naira immediately went to her.

" What happened?" Naira asked Mansi concerning

" Nothing.. let's go" Mansi said trying to wipe off her tears

Naira angrily looked towards the boys

" You might became the Queen one day but don't forget you're a human and we can tear you apart" One boy said

" Shut up!!!! Marc" Mansi said angrily

" Or what you will call your brother , let me remind you , he's not your real brother , you're just a liability" Another boy said

Naira looked confused , suddenly Kartik came and held both the boys in air , he had red eyes.

" How dare you!" Kartik asked in a authorative tone

Even Naira got a little scared .

Everyone was watching towards them. Suddenly Kartik's father came

" Son put them down right now , I order you" He shouted the last part

Kartik put them down and looked angrily towards his father but when his father showed him his red eyes , Kartik calmed down and his eyes color was restored , everyone went back to their business.

Kartik went close to both the boys and whispered in their ears

" You're fired from the job and I promise you , you will never ever get a new job , go n rott" he smirked and left

Kartik immediately hugged Mansi and from the hand squeezed Naira's palm , Naira was in awe but she had many questions.

So how's it?
Please vote and comment.

Go n read my new book " The Enemies" , try it once.

~Ellen⚡

©All Rights Reserved