One

Aspen Kai Farris was born with an itch to explore and learn. From the moment she could crawl she was getting into things and taking them apart to learn their inner workings. By the time she reached primary school, she had torn apart every electronic she could get a hold of and learned the workings and purpose of every part. 

And, in secondary school, she found a love of robotics. She loved fiddling with the parts and pieces until they fit together to make something beautiful. She built a robotics team in her school from the ground up that went to international fame. That's where she first caught the attention of a certain Tony Stark. 

When she reached university, it was no surprise she chose mechanical engineering to study. As her senior year project, she built the first ever AI that actually resonated with humans. At the time JARVIS was still in development via Stark Industries, but not even he rivaled what Aspen created. She created a new life, nearly a new species. That's when she received the best letter of her life. She was requested to work in the robotics lab in Stark Tower alongside the Avengers to create robots and AI that would aid in the worst of times. Failsafes, just in case something went wrong.

And something definitely went wrong. Loki attacked New York and opened up a wormhole that no one could have prepared for. New York happened only a year after she began her work with Tony. She was not even close to perfecting her vision. She had come up with something brilliant, but as all projects do, it had kinks. It still needed worked out. But, she sent out her prototypes anyway. They did what they could. They were brilliantly built, but not enough to survive the brunt of what was coming for them. She herself had to get on the field to do immediate repairs and get them back up and running. 

That's when it happened. She had drug one of her pride and joys into an alley away from the fighting to hide while she tried to repair its broken circuitry. She wasn't as well hidden as she thought. An alien took her from behind. She had small tidbits of training from Natasha in case of something like this happening, but it did not prepare her in the slightest. She tried. She fought, kicked, screamed, until the alien had enough of her. He dropped her from the height he climbed his way up to, and she broke all the bones in her right leg. Shattered, gone, dusted.

She awoke in the hospital wing, bruised and sore beyond belief. And her leg was gone. She tried to listen to the doctor when he told her the extent of the injuries, but she couldn't hear it. It all just made her so sick, and angry. If Thor's adopted brother had not gotten so hungry for power, she wouldn't be here. She would be sitting in her lab, blasting her favorite music, and chatting with ANA, her AI. She grew so angry, she shut herself away from the world, the team, even Tony. She locked herself in her lab and continued her work tirelessly. She lived, breathed, and existed in one space only. She wanted to work until she perfected the reason she was brought here originally. She wanted to destroy the reason she was here. Loki.