☂ Chapter 1 ☂

© Copyright 2013.All Rights Reserved.

It was this kind of day when I met him. I remember it so clearly as knowing my name. I didn't really expect that that moment would be imprinted in my mind as long as I live. Has that happened to you before? Remembering a memory you thought was so insignificant that you even wanted to erase it from your mind. It's what's happening to me now. I can't figure out how I remembered that day; that day which kept on replaying on my mind like a broken movie reel. And I kept looking back at it. It was just an ordinary dreary school day, and gloomy and wet. It was raining as if the sky was pouring all its water down to earth. I even thought that that was my lucky day, I got an A in one quiz, my best friend came back from her vacation in Mexico, I got the position of the goalkeeper in the school's girls' soccer team and lastly I met him. Not that the formers were actually necessary I just wanted to say it. I met him, the boy−no, man−standing in front of me eight years ago. He was wimpy, skinny, frail and a certified klutz with a big head back then. Who would have known puberty can perform miracles? Who would have guessed that people could change so drastically? Well, he happened and I hope he will continue to happen. As I have said, it all started with the rain...

☂ Chapter 1 - You're an arrogant dork 

Rosie Reed was walking down the school hallway towards her locker when she heard someone scampering and dropping things. It was quite late already, she just came from soccer practice−if you were wondering, yes, she's quite athletic. She checked her wristwatch and saw, 6:25, students should be long gone by now, unless someone's fooling around. As she would have cited so many times quoting the school handbook: no student with unnecessary affairs should be in the school grounds beyond six o clock, only those who were given permission are allowed to stay. That's her, a perfectionist who wanted everything and everyone to be prim and proper, minding everyone's businesses even if it doesn't really concern her.

Going back to the matter at hand, she heard cursing. It's either a fellow athlete, a teacher, the janitor, the school guard or just someone who is irresponsible enough not to leave the premises. Rosie turned around the corner and came upon a boy with dark hair−either black or dark brown; she doesn't really care− which she thinks desperately needs a proper haircut. He is picking up his books which looked like it fell from his locker. She observed him more and took in his features. Baggy clothes, black rimmed glasses and a very packed backpack. He looks as if he may need a hand.

"Hey, want some help?" she said, startling the boy and stared at her with wide eyes while holding one of his books. Seeing that he wasn't going to answer, she kneeled and picked up some of his books. She shouldn't have asked if she would just do it straight away even before he could utter a single sound. He placed some of the books in the bag and crammed them inside to fit. He looked just like a very studious elementary pupil. Rosie stared at him with a puzzled look.

"Why do you have so many books with you? It isn't like you're going to read all these in one night?" Rosie asked and he gave her an incredulous look. It was just then that she realized that it was Chadwick Wainwright, the school's super genius but also a very self-centered nerd. He thinks very highly of his self. Not a common attitude to supposed losers like him. And especially he's a big social no-no. Since he's very intelligent he criticizes people who make fun of him or those who he thinks are just really too dumb for him to interact with. He is also pursued by a bunch of bimbos. The reason: his big brain and heavy pocket, it attracts them like light to moths. Yes people, believe me he's very rich and smart. The nerd with the vengeance is what he is called. Those girls flock him whenever exams are just by the corner. Those who go out on dates with him are therefore called the "desperadas", desperate people who got desperate grades. They would always bombard him with assignments, projects and research works which all have the likely note saying: "Hey babe, wanna have some fun tonight?"