Chapter 1: Everyday Routine!

Miku's POV

Bzz. Bzz.

Huh..?

BZZ. Bzz.

What's that sound...?

BZZ! BZZ!

I sit up in my bed and rub my eyes. My phone is almost jumping off my bed table from vibrating so intently. I groan and reach for it groggily, glancing at the glowing screen.

Five missed calls.

10 new messages.

Oh.

I frantically press into the group chat I created for Rin, Luka and I. Reading over the messages, I quickly spot Rin's by the contact name.

*-りんちゃん<3!-*:ミクちゃん! それは本当に遅いです! あなたはどこですか。 ルカと私は外にいる

*~Rin-Chan <3 !~*: Miku-Chan! It's really late! Where are you? Luka and I are outside.

*-りんちゃん<3!-*:ミク! 真剣に! 急いで、学校はすぐに開始されます!

*~Rin-Chan <3 !~*:Miku! Seriously! Hurry up, school will be starting soon!

*-りんちゃん<3!-*:ミク! 五分で来る前に!

*~Rin-Chan <3 !~*:Miku! Five minutes before I come in!

Before I can react, the almost inevitable result of all this comes with three knocks which seem more like slams on my door resonate through my house. I scramble to get up, running out of my room and sprinting down the hallway. Doing my best to flatten my almost impossible-to-flatten hair, ( especially in the mornings ) I open the door to see a glaring Rin and a sighing Luka. Rin stomps inside the house and almost knocks me over.

"Where have you been, baka(idiot/dummy)?! We're already late!" She says, furious as ever, though I can't help but giggle. She blushes, still fuming, adding more red to her already red face. "It's not funny! Ugh.." She crosses her arms, pouting as she snatches up her school bag. "Get changed, will you? We're not going to wait all day." She tells me, nods at Luka, and walks away. Luka smiles half-heartedly.

"Well, you heard Rin," she says. "Better not get her upset." Winking, she turns to join Rin. I feel my cheeks heat up. I shake it off and close the door to my house, hiding my red face and running upstairs to change.

       I just met Rin this year. Me being a junior and her being a freshman, it seems like it's  an unfortunate friendship, considering we would only have 2 years together.. but we're still in the beginning of the year, so why waste it? Luka, on the other hand, I've known since MY freshman year. We've been close friends for a while. IA, Gumi, and Len, too. 

      IA and Gumi were their own friend group for a while- we met them last year- our sophomore year. Len and Rin are probably the newest to our "group" as of now. Len and Rin, from what I've heard from Rin, are childhood friends. They've known each other since baby years. I personally think that's pretty cute! I haven't gotten to know Len that well yet. I've seen him once, really. Haven't even said 'hi'. But it's just the beginning of the year...

It'll be another normal year! No surprises, no craziness, and HOPEFULLY no drama. Just normal.

And as long as I'm around, I plan to keep it that way.

Rin's POV

"Did you even eat?" I ask Miku as we're crossing the street. Luka peers over my shoulder. 

"Yeah, have you?" She asks. Miku starts to smile sheepishly, and I'm about to scold her when her eyes suddenly light up. 

"No, but luckily I came prepared!" she says, digging in her school bag. I pause and stop walking. 

"You pre-packed breakfast? That's actually kind of smar--" I stop talking when I see Miku struggle to pull a dusty, stale piece of toast out of her bag. I am completely flabbergasted as she just calmly sticks it in her mouth like it's nothing. I stop walking, stand on my tip-toes, and whack her in the head. Miku winces.

"Ow.. Why'd you do that?" She whimpers. I huff. 

"Don't be a baka (idiot)!" I say angrily. She sighs.  

"Fineee.." She drawls. I cross my arms, flashing a quick triumphant smirk before walking ahead of her and farther from Luka. 

"Let's just get to school, okay? Mikuo is probably already there," I pause for a moment before adding "That's really the only thing you don't have in common." while smiling. Miku's cheeks turn a light pink. 

"What? T-that's not true, c'mon!" She says, denying it as much as she can, but she can't hide her already-pink face. I smirk again. 
"Right.. That's what you say, Miku-Senpai." I say, giggling. I turn around, half-expecting Luka to be holding in laughter. 

She isn't. Instead, her expression looks stony as ever while she stares down at the bright screen of her cellphone. I find myself staring at her sparkly blue phone case before ripping my eyes away.  

I frown a little, wondering if something's wrong. Maybe she didn't like the joke? My smile quickly fades as I think about it, and I see the two words labeled on a sign through an archway from a gate into the school.

Senbonzakura High School.

Luka's POV

I don't know if it's just the spring warmth bothering me, but I'm annoyed by Rin's comments. Especially when she's teasing about Miku being attracted to Mikuo..

..

Ugh. 

Now I'm frustrated again.

I try not to show it, though; I hide my expression away by staring down at my phone and pretending to be reading something, but really, I'm just staring at the home screen. I can sense Rin's eyes staring at my bangs that are covering my eyes for a while before turning away. I look up for a moment, only to realize that we're already at school.

Stuffing my phone deep into my bag, I jog to catch up with Miku and Rin, who are passing through the gate and archway. I tap Miku on the shoulder and she turns around smiling, and about to say something before she's interrupted by a crisp, loud voice ringing through the campus.

"Miku! Rin! And uh.. You, too!" 

'You too'? 

He doesn't even know my name. 

I want to shout '"That's Megurine Luka to you"', but I hold my tongue. All I can do is try not to glare as I lift my gaze only to see Mikuo walking towards Miku, Rin and I. 

"Ohayō (hello), Mikuo!" Miku says, in an overly- sweet voice. Rin waves.

"Ohayō gozaimasu, Mikuo-Senpai," she says. They both turn to look at me, and Mikuo's sharp, icy blue eyes meet mine, which are a deep blue. 

"Hi," I mumble. Mikuo smiles a charming smile, to which I immediately avert my eyes from. Mikuo clears his throat.

"We should get to class, Miku," he says in a very matter-of-factly tone. Rin nods in agreement.

"Hai ( yeah ), he's right. Let's go, Luka-Chan," Rin says, tugging on the sleeve of my white blouse. I smile, softly, forgetting about the walk here, and follow her into the building.