Prolouge

The gray tom crept through the tall ferns, scanning the endless field for prey. He stood up and looked around. Miles and miles of fields surrounded him and Silver Pelt shone above him, turning his fur to silver.
     "Welcome, Blizzardpelt," a she-cat's voice sounded behind him. "We've been expecting you."
     Blizzardpelt turned around to see a brown tabby she-cat. "Hello, Acorntail." He purred.
     "Come with me, there is something StarClan must share with you." Acorntail bounded a few fox lengths and turned around. Blizzardpelt followed.
     The two cats ran together through the tall grass. Blizzardpelt felt as if he could run forever. He wasn't used to running in the fields due to his medicine cat duties. The gray tom enjoyed the wind brushing through his fur and the scent of rabbit filling the air. Acorntail slowed down as trees came into view. It's the forest in our territory.
     Blizzardpelt gazed up at the tall oak trees, tilting his head. "What did you want to show me? I already know this place by heart. Is there any fox dens that our patrols missed? Or a badger? Or maybe a-"
    Acorntail cut him off. "Come on now." Blizzardpelt followed, his tail twitching with anxiety.
    They came to a stop at a holly bush. Acorntail sat down, her tail wrapped neatly around her paws. "Watch."
    Blizzardpelt stared at it for a few heartbeats. "A holly bush? What's so special about a-"
    "Watch." Acornfur repeated. Blizzardpelt flicked his tail in annoyance as he stared at the holly bush. Suddenly, the plant burst into flame. Warmth hit Blizzardpelt's muzzle and he jumped back.
    "What in the name of StarClan..?" His voice trailed off as he caught sight of something inside of the flaming bush. A kit!
     "Great StarClan!" Panic washed over the gray tom and he struggled to find a way to get to the inside of the bush. He glanced over at Acorntail, who was sitting calmly and gazing into the fire like it were a gentle stream. "Aren't you going to help me? Please! This kit is being burned alive! StarClan would never let a kit die!" The world around him darkened. Nothing. Nothing was in sight. Just endless nothing. Blizzardpelt wailed, "Acorntail! StarClan? Where are you? Where am I?"
     Acorntail's voice sounded around him. Her voice was soft and full of wisdom. "Out of the darkness, a flame will ignite. A kit will be born to your Clan and they shall go on a great journey to restore peace in the Clans and destroy the darkness that lies in the heart of your warriors."
     "W-what? BrambleClan has very loyal warriors! There is no darkness in our territory. What do you mean by restoring peace? Is MothClan going to start a war? Acorntail, tell me! Please!" The presence of Acorntail was gone and the scent of herbs surrounded Blizzardpelt. He was back to the waking world.