Chapter 3; Clash

Tsunade hangs the zip lock bag in the air containing the closest thing they can call to evidence.

Naruto raised an eyebrow. "Is that... Hair?"

"Evidence." She replied bluntly. "Two ANBU black ops shinobis were found massacred last night. And this is all we've got."

The Hokage then looked at Kakashi meaningfully.

Naruto couldn't help not to wonder. 'Something's strange.'

Kakashi, who understood that secrets must remain secrets, nodded his head in agreement.

"Most of the well trained shinobis are out on a mission. Afterall, the criminal has an upper hand in the surprise tactics. I need team 7 to take shifts tonight with the ANBUs, since you're the only ones of the few who are on stand by."

"Yes, ma'am." Team 7 answered in chorus.

"Good. You'll be in charge with the midnight look out." She finalized.

"Tsunade-sama. Do you mind if I ask something?" Sakura inquired.

"What is it, Sakura?"

"Can I know how the ANBUs died?"

Tsunade flinched. Ofcourse she has no choice but to hide the Takara clan for it has been declared by her own granduncle as a taboo. Sakura just know what to ask every time.

"Scorch Technique."

"Scorch Technique?" Sakura repeats in confusion. Naruto turned his head in curiosity while Sai flinched.

"I've never heard of that…" Naruto whispered. Kakashi held his firm and relaxed position next to him.

"An extinct Kekkei Genkai. It has the power to drain all the liquid from one's body which leads to mummification. Or death. The victims were found hard and dry, and throughout the history, only Scorch Release is the possible reason for causing such. Konoha lacks clues, but still..." She shook her head and sighs. "I suspect Sai has been informed through the Foundation?"

Sai nodded. "I have been fully informed, Hokage-sama."

"Alright. That's about it for now. Kakashi, I need to talk to you about something."

The gang promptly left the room, leaving their sensei behind.

"Do not kill the criminal."

Kakashi's eye widened.

"Deliver him automatically to the T&I Division. We need every clue possible. Now, there have been several seeing of this Scorch Technique wielder every evening around midnight to 3 in the morning. I have a good feeling that he'll cross path with you."

"Oh. Understood, Hokage-sama."

"Also, A secret is a secret, Kakashi. Do not tell Naruto about the whole background of the Clan. Limit their information to keep them alive." Tsunade let out a sigh.

"Shizune. Please hand me the Konoha map."

"Yes, Tsunade-sama."

"Take him down alive?" Naruto frowned at the thought as Team 7 hurdled in a circle to plan their shift.

"The Hokage wants to take him to the T&I division. Konoha's in need of several information." Kakashi explained.

"But Kakashi-sensei. What if he'll struggle to break free?" Sakura asks.

"That's why we're cornering him into an alley. We'll have the element of surprise in our sides. We'll come on him on all four. If that wont work, we'll figure something out. Besides, I cannot think of any decent plan due to our lack of knowledge about our enemy. It's like fighting a shadow. But we'll manage to get things thorough. Afterall, You guys are best under pressure." He looks at each one of this team subordinates and smiled.