Chapter 4; The Assault

Naruto was keeping up with his watch under the thick shadows of the trees. The south gate has gained no developments for the past hours. He was getting really bored and his stomach is not cooperating as it groaned silently in hunger. Placing his hand on his stomach, he fought the urge to ditch and eat.

Out of nowhere, the bird resting on his shoulder dispersed into a pool of ink and started to evaporate away from his jacket, leaving it clean and spotless. His heart skipped a beat the moment it registered in his mind as the cold wind swept across his face.

'Someone has spotted him.'

- - - - - - - - - - - -

The clanging clashes of the kunais tore the midnight silence. In the dark, two figures danced through the shadows, desperately trying to maim each one another. What was once thought an easy fight has been proven wrong.

Haru managed to escape Kakashi's flying daggers and headed towards the compact trees for cover.

She inspected her surroundings under her dark cloak while snaking through the trees. 'Kakashi won't be far behind.'

She was about to pick up her pace but a hand gripped her ankle impermeably that dragged her below. The next second, she found herself buried under the ground except her head. Her hood tilted a little behind her but in desperate attempts to conceal her identity, she ducked her head. She nothing but a caged rat.

Kakashi appeared infront of her, looking very stern. "Stop playing games."

He reached down to uncover his trapped opponent's hood to show her identity. Before laying a finger on his opponent, the ground began to rumble. Haru's fist broke free from the firm ground and aimed full force on Kakashi's jaw. It landed violently on Kakashi with success, causing him to fly.

Both tried to recover from the damage landed on them. As Haru released herself from the ground, Kakashi returned to his alert position.

"I was quite taken by surprise. How you managed to break free from my decapitation jutsu."

"I never played games, Kakashi. I'm here for business." She snapped.

Haru flashed a number of hand seals.

Kakashi saw them all with the help of his Sharingan. Ram, horse, dragon.

"Earth Release: Earth Dragon!" Haru cried while Kakashi had his predictions on what is bound to come.

He escaped the ground as a huge dragon made of mud arises.

The monster started attacking towards him, but with his notable speed, Kakashi managed to leap from tree to tree in escape. 'I cant afford setting foot on the ground.'

He turned on his heels and faced the dragon. 'Lightning is stronger than earth!'

Performing a number of seals, A lightning cutter blazed on his right arm. "Raikiri!"

Kakashi stuck his arm on the monster's body, as it dispersed into lumps of mud.

"You know how to use Fire and Earth well." Kakashi admired.

Haru laughed sarcastically. "I never knew you're so easy to impress, Kakashi."

Kakashi watched his opponent flash unfamiliar hand signs.

His alarm grew as she screamed. "Scorch Release: Deadly Suns!"

Red orbs illuminated the midnight air.

'one... two... three...' He counted the multiple orbs inside his head. 'shit. seven of them?!'

The flaming orbs are no bigger than one's hand but each generates heat that could be felt meters away. Kakashi started to sweat as the approacher starts to manipulate the orbs. The enigmatic attacker lifted her arms above her, similar to a bird taking flight. The seven flames of fire balls followed and are now flying directly overhead. Higher and higher.