Best Big Brother

We played for hours at the park until we got tired. We walked home after that.

"Hey, why don't you sit down and put something on to watch. I'll make you lunch." I told Ellie.

"Ollie thank you. You just earned the best big brother award again."

"Oh wow the B.B.B. that is such a huge honor."

I made her lunch and we watched some t.v. Soon she felt tired and leaned against me. It is funny how tired six years old can get so fast. They fight it forever but when you get them to relax they are out in a matter of minutes. She fell asleep on me. I continued to watch t.v. It was about two hours since she fell asleep and my arm went numb a long time ago but I didn't want to wake her. I slightly moved my arm to try and get it out from under her head. It didn't work, she woke up.

"Hey Ollie, did I fall asleep?" Ellie asked rubbing her eye.

"Yeah, you did sorry for waking you. You looked tired. Mom should be back in an hour and a half. Do you want to play a game until she gets back?"

"Sure Ollie what game?"

"Hide and seek."

We played until mom got back. After she did we all started on making dinner.

"Momma, what are we having for dinner tonight?" Ellie asked.

"We are having chicken tenders with some corn and peas, does that sound good to you guys?" My mom told us.

"Yes, it does mom. What do you want me to do?" I asked her.

"Why don't you get started on the peas and corn, and Ellie can you set the table, please?"

"Sure thing mom," Ellie said.

"Yes, ma'am," I replied.

Soon after my mom was done with the chicken tenders I was done with the corn and peas and Ellie was done long before us. She was waiting patiently for us to finish. We ate dinner and then cleaned up after.

"Everyone get ready for bed." My mom said to us.

"Okay. Race yah. Whoever gets changed first wins. Meet you in the bathroom for teeth brushing." Ellie said to me.

"You're on," I replied.

I got changed before Ellie and went to the bathroom. She met me there a little after I had gotten there.

"Oh man, you won," Ellie said when she reached the bathroom.

"Yeah, I did. Now let's brush our teeth and get ready for bed." I told her.