Chapter 3

Bill's point of view
Today I will confess my feelings to Beverly. I hope that she feels the same. She made me happy when I thought that I wouldn't smile again.
I got ready and I headed to the door. I realized that Bev couldn't love me. I am a stuttering mess and I am a loser. Why wouldn't she date Ben? He is a great poetry writer and what did I do to show my love for her?  Nothing. I got back into my room and I closed the door. Tears were streaming down my cheeks and I can't stop thinking about her. She deserves the best and I can't offer her anything.
I decided to stop crying and I went outside.
I saw Beverly riding her bike. She came to me.
" Billy, why are you crying?" she asked me.
"No, I-I a-a-am f-f-fine." I hugged her.
" Billy, you can tell me everything."
" Ok, I wanted to s-s-say t-that I love you. You are so beautiful and perfect. I know you don't feel the same. I know I am a loser, a stuttering loser. I didn't prove that I love you in a poem like Ben did." A few tears escaped.
"Bill, you are not a stuttering loser, you are perfect, just the way you are. You proved that you love me. You saved me. I mean, if it wasn't for you to warn the others to come too, I would be floating by now in the sewers. " We both laughed.
" So, you like me back?"I asked in a shy tone.
She pulled closer to me and she put her hand on my cheek.
" I love you too, Bill Denbrough."
She kisses me. I kiss her back. The kiss is passionate but sweet. I remember how I felt last time when I kissed Bev in the third grade.
It felt perfect like now.