Stuff you need to know

February 2nd, 4207. The population is dying. There's not enough food or water to go around anymore.
The oceans have been drained and replaced with steel mines. I've never seen ocean in person. They were drained before I was born, but my bisabuela, Claudia says they were vast, sparkling expanses, in a shade bluer than the boxes our food rations come in. Bisabuela says that once upon a time, the sky was blue, too. I cant imagine any other color than the sickly yellow above me.
I often wish I could've seen what bisabuela saw when she was a little girl, back in 3983. She tells of such beautiful things. And those stories are all I have now. The stories, bisabuela and my mother's emerald pendant. One of the last emerald used for personal luxury.
My mother gave it to me when they took her. It's all I have left of her. I'm getting off-topic now. You'll see that I will do that a lot.
Sixteen years ago, President White of the United Districts of Verlin made a breakthrough in the AI science. From there, he started a mass production of robots that are stronger and more intelligent then the remaining human race. Vicious machines that carry out his will. Nobody can do anything about it because we'll be destroyed. Literally. So we just stay here in Verlin and follow his every wish, unable to fight back. But I didn't want to be a servant my entire life, so I decided to change things.
My name is October Snow and this is how I saved the world.