Chapter 5

October's POV

"Anyone subject to rebel intent will be apprehended. Sam is a rebel" Ryder said. "Ryder..." I reach up and place my hand on his shoulder. Or try to reach up and place my hand on his shoulder, but I'm stopper by a searing pain in my shoulder and stinging in my back. I let out a cry. "Try not to move your arm. You got shot." Grey says. His grey eyes flicker with worry, concern, and something else I can't quite figure out. "Why do you care? No, scratch that. Why are you here?" I ask him.
"I am here because your faggot friend over there needed a mage." (A/N I don't ever use these slurs in real life. I'm an ally guys) and that was it. I grabbed the closest thing to me, a sort of time telling device, and hurl it at his head with my uninjured arm, as hard as I could. It bounced off his head with a satisfying thud. "What was that for?" He asked, incredulous. "You never talk about my best friend like that get it? Got it? Good." THATS when Ryder lost it. "You guys are so childish! My boyfriend could die and all you guys care about is your feud?! I know things are hard right now, but as far as I'm concerned you problems are minor! And that's when Ryder leaves. I get to my feet as fast as possible, considering every movement hurts. "No... October. You shouldn't move. You'll rip the stitches." Grey says. "Yeah? Well this is your fault anyway!"
"My fault? I'm not the one who won't even go five seconds without pointing fingers?"
"Oh so you want to talk about pointing fingers?" I retort "well here's one." I say, holding up my middle finger.
"Can't we just work this out like mature adults?"
"Since when have you cared about being mature?"
"This is exactly what Ryder was talking about, wasn't he?" Grey asked.
"Um...yeah. I guess."
"Ugh! I hate it when he's right!" I push past the wining weasel, and go find my best friend. Ryder was in the attic. And I almost died getting there. Note to self: do not go up a ladder with an injured back and shoulder. I sit beside him on the old instrument case. "Hey October." He says.
"Hey"