the aftermath

"Someone is here to see you, your imperial majesty," Chloe said in a dazed voice.
"Who? The american government again? Or is it the Japanese government looking for Kagami and her mother?" I asked.
"Neither, your majesty," Chloe responded.
"Then who?"
"Ms Nathalie, the assistant of Mr Agreste."
I hummed, "how interesting. Let her in."
The giant stone doors of the castle creeked open, the light from outside overshadowed the small figure in the doorframe.
"Step forward, in front of my throne, if you wish to speak to me."
She obliged, walking across the throne room, the click of her heels echoing in an eerie way. She stopped just before the steps that lead to my throne.
"Speak."
"Your imperial majesty-"
"Skip the formalities, I know you want something," I groaned.
"Right. Yes I was wondering why my boss never came back," Nathalie withheld a glare.
"Oh yes, I thought you might ask that!" I clasped my hands together, "you see, your boss seemed to misunderstand the terms of our working together. He did not comply to many of my demands, like hurting Adrien. Plus, he thought that I promised him the ladybug and chat noir miraculous. I never did such, so since he did not meet my demands, I asked for his miraculous. He gave it to me, and then sent him to the dungeon to live out his sentence."
"Sentence?" Nathalie furrowed her brow.
"Oh yes, he tried to deceive me, and he hurt my prince. Therefore, he is sentenced to live in the dungeons forever. Just like I am cursed to sit atop this throne because of him."
"If you don't want the throne, why not deakumatize yourself using his miraculous?" Nathalie asked cautiously.
I smiled sadly, "you arent too bright, are you? Because I simply can't. Not for lack of trying, its why I took the butterfly in the first place. But here I am-Empress."
"Did you try asking him to de-akumatized you? Gabriel, I mean?" Nathalie dropped her professional manner, and adopted a more...concerned? attitude. Was she concerned about me?
"Of course, he admitted he had already tried, but it hadn't worked. I'm stuck like this forever."
Her expression softened, "I'm sorry for everything we have done. I didn't think we would ever go...this far. I just wanted Adrien to have his mother back. Now I've ruined your life."
I shook my head, "it wasn't your fault, hawkmoth is the one who took it too far. You only followed him."
"But I could have stopped him," she cried, "Adrien didn't need his mother back to be happy. He just needed someone to be there for him. I could have been there for him but I wasnt. I could have convinced Gabriel he didn't need to go so far. But I didnt."
I sighed, "you should go. You still have a lot of life to live ahead of you. Do me a favor and don't waste it stuck in a cold dark place alone like me."
She looked up at me with a mix of guilt and pity, "You were just a innocent young girl. I'm so sorry."
I shook my head, and waved at my knights to take her out. She went quietly.
I exhaled and felt my attention fading from reality.
"Your imperial majesty," Alya kneeled in front of me.
I snapped back to attention, "yes?"
"The woman wanted to give you this, she said she hoped it may help you," Alya gave me the peacock miraculous.
I scanned it, "its fixed. They fixed it..." I put it on my chest with the butterfly miraculous.
"I doubt it will help me, but I appreciate her thought. Now I'd rather not be here right now," I inhaled and drifted away.