Hey now, you're an All-Star!

Hey now, You're an all-star!

It was a Wednesday in spring, and I was stretched out my sofa enjoying the live finale of the latest season of Americas Most Eligible. If I had liked watching the first 5 seasons, I had enjoyed being on the show for season 6 even more. I even won the damn thing. And now watching the show with an insider's knowledge made it far more fun.

Each season I would bet against my cousin Jorge each week to see who would be eliminated with the loser paying for drinks, but it was still fun for me none the less. It was fascinating to see how it all played out, to see if my predictions were right about who would make it to the end, who each person really was and imaging how I would have won if I was playing. 

And more often than not it was me drinking for free. But sometimes he was totally on point. Like this season for instance. I had picked that Bianca and Ryder would have stuck around a lot longer for ratings, but both were dispatched early but a surprise last minute contestant. The drama was otherwise pretty tame.

This season got interesting at the end though. The girl who won was like no-one I'd ever seen on the show before. She was genuine, sweet, flirty but not afraid to play dirty or speak her mind. You could never predict what would happen next with her. She had been eliminated by a rival, Ivy, who had put her in the bottom with an audience vote and gotten her out .... but this season had a comeback twist and she was back and ready to finish the backstabber who tried to get her gone.

She had grown really close, like became actual friends, with three of the other contestants. How close? She was set to be eliminated in the final 3 by Ivy who had been undermining her all season when the other top 3 contestant, returning fan favourite and her good friend Adam quit, saving her and giving her a guaranteed spot in the final 2.

And she had done two things that had never been done before in AME: Won with a completely unanimous vote and won both the grand prize and audiences favourite contestant.

This was a girl after my own heart. A real challenge. Not that I'd ever know if she would have what it takes to beat me.

The camera pushed in close to host Carson Stewart as he gave his sign off "We'll see you next time on .... America's Most Eligible: All-Stars!"

All-Stars? Now THERE is something I'd be interested in! I wonder who they'll get? I pondered that as I slipped into bed.

If I was making an "All-Stars" season I'd have to go with people the public still remember. Favourites, past winners and the ones that had the biggest drama. Probably wouldn't go back further than my season though. Too long since we'd been in the spotlight or too famous for the show like Chadley from season 3.

Jessie and Ivy are certain. The amount of drama those two caused? They'd be fools not to. Same with Lina. She accused Jessie of sleeping with a producer. Definitely some unresolved issues there. And they were just on. America is still crazy about them.

They'd probably bring back Adam too. Fan favourite and he has his own share of controversy. And if you bring back Adam then you've got to pull in his rival Vince and "old flame" Sierra from season 9. Ratings gold.

                                                                                          ~~~