(You wanna) Piece of me

I finished unpacking and got taken into the confessional with Jen as Omar and the new intern were busy running about trying to find contestants and get everything set up.

"Slater, welcome back to AME! We are so excited to have you."

"Thanks Jen. Great to see you .... and no Piper." I added slyly.

"Uh......" Jen stammered.

"So, are we ready to get this started? There are some new faces I am interested in meeting."

"Sure. So ...... Slater.... winner of season 6. Why did you decide to come back?" Jen asked.

"There have been some really interesting people in the past couple of seasons and I want to meet them. Who doesn't like making new friends?" I smiled.

"That isn't the reputation you have from your previous season though. You seemed have collected more enemies than friends." Jen remarked.

" Oh, some people are just sore Losers. We can't all be winners." I explained.

"So, what did you miss most about AME?" Jen queried

"The challenge. I've missed the game and playing with other people and I want to see if any of these "contestants" have what it takes to beat me." I answered.

"And is there any other contestant you have your eye on in particular?"

"There are some smokin' hot babes here... but there is one girl that is currently on top. I'm gonna have to work real hard to get myself in that position again." I winked

Switching off the camera Jen tilted her head quizzically at me. "I see you've changed it up from last time. You were a flirt and now you're a wildcard."

"I don't like to be pinned down." I quipped.

"You're the second contestant to say that to me today."

"Jessie was the other one, right?"

Jen was stunned. "How did you know?"

"She's the only one I've seen here."

"She's not the only contestant here. Eden, Heath, Adam, Mackenzie, Derek and Bianca are all here too."

"Really? I haven't seen anyone else."

"They're either in makeup or finished up their confessional and out by the pool. I know it isn't the ocean but it's something."

Guess I'll head out to the pool.

~~~

I had just finished with my confessional and had even had a nice little moment to catch up with Jen on the roof and was now hanging out with a potential new ally, Eden and catching up with some of my old crew. I had really missed them.

There was tough cookie Mackenzie who was my best friend, Adam the loyalist guy I'd ever met and Derek who was a total softie. I was surprised to see Bianca back too.

We had an interesting past what with me eliminating her first but had really become friends during our time in the jury house. She was a little finicky, but she was no princess. She was the second most determined person I knew.

"Hey, it's so good to see you all again! This calls for a......... Group hug!"

Instantly they were all caught up in my enthusiasm and tangled up. Even Mackenzie. Though she instantly regretted it when Derek's cuff link got tangled into her hair. I stifled a giggle and watched as Eden expertly removed the cuff link from Derek's wrist and then deftly took it out of Mackenzie's hair.