Chapter One: Fuck Life, Get Money

Do you want to know what I hate about life? School. I hate that we have to go to school. What everyone doesn't realize is that it's a death trap, you go to school and get stressed about passing a class on something you won't even use in the future because everyone knows half the students are going to be unemployed anyway.

But you know how it is, you don't pass then you'll still be unemployed and then you'll have to pay to get the money you need to go back to those classes and get a life, you'd still probably wouldn't be able to get a job even after that because certain jobs have a certain age range and the good jobs only want young college graduates or want a certain race because that's just how life is.

So school is a waste of life that tells you lies and gives you useless information about things you won't remember in the future, they give you books to study that kill our trees and places CO2 in the air, slowly killing our once beautiful planet because of money.

This is my reason for hating school, it's like a virus, slowly killing every one of the youths off until there are none left to kill. A silent virus.

Snapping out of my thoughts I look around the now empty classroom as our "death trap" has ended for the day. I grab my bag from off the floor and walk out the classroom, putting in my headphones and walking to my locker to put up my "dead trees" aka books.

Walking off the campus (high school campus) I walk to the nearest bus station and wait for the next bus to come, which will most likely take an hour like it always does. I take my drumsticks out of my bookbag/satchel and quietly make beats on the bus station bench.

Getting inspiration I grab my notebook(music book) out of my bookbag and write down a couple of lyrics, flipping to the next page I start to write sheet music so that I don't forget the rhythm I created.

Smiling to myself, I see the bus stopping in my peripheral vision and stand up, closing my notebook and putting it back in my bag I step into the bus and show the driver the back of my "death trap" ID, walking to an open seat and sitting on the window side, I turn the music in my headphones up.

I can feel the sound waves shake my brain as I let the music consume me, I start to sing. Using my drumsticks to play along with the beat of the song, I sing, what I believe, quietly to myself to not disturb the other passengers(I know I'm not the only one that sings with headphones in and think they're quiet when they aren't).

I close my eyes gently and continue singing, playing with my drumsticks along to the beat and the song ends, the spell I was under washes away and I open my eyes. I look out the window to check for my stop which has yet to come and turn back to the front, seeing everyone on the bus(besides the driver) looking in my direction in awe.

I awkwardly wave "hello..." And look behind me to see someone with their phone out, recording me, seeming to not notice that I looked at them I clear my throat and see them jump, dropping their phone under the seat and trying to retrieve it.

People can be so fucking weird sometimes geez... can't even sing in peace without being looked at like some test subject...

I look up and see my stop coming, pressing the button to signal the driver I stand up and walk towards the back door. I can see the person from earlier looking down at their phone in amazement and they look up to see me right in front of them.

They stutter for a bit, looking for the right words "e-excuse me miss, what's your name??" They look at me nervously, I would too if I could see the face I'm giving this poor soul "Y/n" I mutter and walk out the bus doors as they open. I turn my music back up and continue to walk home, passing multiple restaurants and stores.