Chapter 1

In the Kageyama household, everything was quiet. Calm even.

That was until a small bundle of black locks came rushing past with a messenger bag in hand, another laced between the buttons of a school shirt.

"Tobio..." The little girl looked up from her buttons to the calm voice of her mother.

"Kaa-san!"

With a loving smile, Kageyama Ahri beckoned her daughter towards her. Dropping her school bag by the door, the younger then scuttled closer to her mother, getting a whiff of coffee she had been drinking, returning the smile with a bright-eyed grin.

"You need to calm down Tobi," her mother softly reprimanded her as lithe fingers undid the mess of a shirt her daughter had made.

"Sorry, Kaa-san" She apologised, "but I get to go to big school today!"

"Oh, that was today?" a lower voice joined the conversation.

Ahri looked up from her daughter's shirt with a gleeful glance, Tobio quickly whipping around to catch sight of her father entering the room with a tray of food.

"Tou-san! I told you yesterday!" Tobio pouted.

"Sorry, sorry. I guess I'm getting old." Kageyama Dieta sighed dramatically.

"Yeah, Tou-san is an old man." Tobio innocently agreed, nodding her head making the short, black locks of her hair dance along her brows.

Ahri hid a laugh with the back of her hand as she watched her husband blanch back.

"Hey, I'm not that old!" He denied.

"Nah..." Another familiar voice jumped into the conversation. Tobio turned her attention to the stairway where her older brother was lazily walking down from. "I'd say you're pretty old. I can see the grey hairs from here~"

Dieta had just finished setting the table when he was verbally attacked by his eldest child.

"Oi, watch it, young man."

Kageyama Kuza laughed as he took his place on the couch, ruffling his little sister's short hair as he passed.

"Oh? Bi-bi looks a little different today..." he teased, "I wonder why?"

"I'm going to big school today!" She responded with an excited fist pump which narrowly missed her mother's face.

"Tobio, careful."

"Gomen..."

Moving her skilful fingers through the short locks of her daughter's hair. Ahri began to tame back the mess it had become after the hair ruffle from Kuza. She smiled as she listened quietly at the conversation her kids where having. Kuza was dramatically retelling Tobio about his own first year of middle school which wasn't too long ago.

Kuza, despite just turning 18, was getting ready to head to University abroad. His musical talent and genius was famed world-wide and had easily caught the eye of a top University who gave him an option to study at their institute, skipping the initial year and going straight into his second year. Jumping at the chance to fast track his dreams to become a successful artist, Kuza agreed immediately and was now in the long and complex process of paperwork. The whole situation was long and gruelling, he completed his high school studies last year in his second year and now had the rest of the year to sort everything out. Oh well, at least he could sleep all day, right?

The story he was telling his sister spiralled into a crazy tale about his entrance exam (which didn't exist as junior high was compulsory) and having to wrestle a giant gummy-bear to which Tobio whole-heartedly swallowed up. Intently listening to her big brother's spiel of nonsense.