Party Ponies

Ari

We fought bravely until we were backed all the way up foot to foot only a block from the Empire State Building. We were just about to retreat when a loud horn called and a grin became plastered on my face.
"The calvary has come." I smirked as Percy gave me a weird look before the Party Ponies came stampeding in and took out so many monsters. It was beautiful.
After that, I kinda zoned out a bit while I went inside to help out the Apollo cabin with fixing everyone up and that took a good while. I was surprised that no one even questioned if I could help with that, but at the same time, they were pretty desperate for help so I guess they couldn't care less as long as it was done right.
After some time, I went out to go help Percy push Paul's blue Prius onto a side street where they would be safe. I whistled for Stormie as we heard the sounds of a chopper flying into Manhattan and we flew up to the helicopter before it could start to plummet. I got to the gears and tried to figure it out as we spiraled towards the cement. I grabbed the joystick and pushed it down so the helicopter would try to fix itself, and thankfully, it did before I gently brought it to the ground and turned it off.
"Wow." Percy said.
"I hate helicopters." I bit back the bile rising up my throat.
"Thanks Ari." Rachel said as I nodded and sat down on the sidewalk with my head in between my knees so I wouldn't hyperventilate.
"You good?" Annabeth asked.
"Just peachy." I shivered before I got up and shook it off. I zoned out for a few minutes before Percy walked into the Empire State building and I followed.
"Come on, let's go over here." I said as I took his hand and brought him to a room that I found under the stairs.
"Harry Potter did this... right?" He asked as I laughed and nodded.
"He slept under a staircase, yes." I smiled before we snuggled on the bed and he was out like a light and so was I.

***

I woke up a little while later, just before Percy, as his eyes shot open.
"Trouble?" I asked, already knowing.
"They're coming." He nodded before I followed him outside and zoned out.

"Drakon?" Percy asked me as I pulled myself back to reality.
"Let's do this." I nodded as we attacked the beast until the Aries kids arrived to take it down.
Silena... My mind whimpered as I watched the brave daughter of Aphrodite fight the drakon. Once it spit venom in her face I sprinted to her and put her head in my lap, not caring for my own safety as I pulled the helmet off her head and Clarisse fought the drakon.
"Oh, Silena... no... I'm so sorry." I whimpered as tears fell down my face.
"No, I'm sorry... I didn't listen to you..." she choked as I brushed her hair out of her face. "Charlie... see Charlie..." she said before she let out her final breath. Clarisse pulled her out of my arms and wept over her before Annabeth closed her eyes.
"I should have done more to stop her." I said as Percy pulled me into a hug and I cried on his shoulder.
"You did all that you could." He said into my hair before he kissed my head and I walked inside the Empire State building to tend to wounded.