Chapter three: Rosie

"Rosie! Where ya been pal?" Piper chirped. She seemed to be a total different person when she's drunk. Almost... Normal.

"Hey! I had to find a ride here because you dicks left me behind. I'll tell you all about it when you're... Not so intoxicated." I laughed. I loved Piper, but she had a mouth when she was drunk.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a cup full of Pendleton and a beer to chase it with. I slowly drank my drinks while maneuvering my way through the crowded house.

I couldn't even hear myself think. Usually I would be all about partying, but what happened just a little bit ago was replaying over and over in my mind. I decided to head upstairs and think everything through.

I walked down to the end of the hall way and through the door on the right. It turned out to be Kennys parents room. I slowly walked over to the bed looking at everything that was hanging on the walls. There were ribbons and pictures of Kenny. There were quotes and trophies. Everything that a normal family would have. I envied them. I envied normal families in general.

I shook my head and stared at my feet as I sat on the bed. So many things were racing through my head. Did Shane mean anything by what he said? He literally asked me to stay with him longer. What would have happened if I did? He grabbed my thigh and told me to be safe. Now what the hell was that about?

I was ripped from my own mind when I heard a knock on the door that I forgot to close. Braxton.

"Hey.." He trailed off. He seemed nervous. I moved up by the head board and pulled my knees to my chest. I patted a spot next to my for Braxton to sit.

"What're you doing up here? There's a major party going on and its a little odd how you're sitting up here, sober." He flashed a brilliant smile.

I let out a laugh. He was right. This wasn't like me. Usually I was the life of the party, the first girl to do a shotgun, or the first girl to take her shirt off. But something was different tonight.

"You know I could ask you the same thing right?" I laughed. I laid my head on his shoulder and let out a sigh. "I just have a lot going through my mind right now."

Braxton let out a sigh as well. "Well are you going to tell me or are we just going to sit here?" He said.

"Fine, fine." I sat up straight and crossed my legs infront of Braxton. He did the same. "Well. I was walking here, alone, and you know that new teacher Sha- I mean Mr. Rexton? Yeah. HE pulled up next to me. What the hell? And then he gave me a ride here. That's not even the weird part! He grabbed my leg and told me to be safe right after he asked me to stay a little longer. And like, usually I would be 100% creeped out, but he made me feel a weird feeling. He made me feel alive, and he gave me butter flies. I wanted to stay. I can't explain the feeling he gave me. But I want to feel it again." I let out a sigh when I was finished. I didn't realize I was talking so much. I looked up at Braxton.

I instantly felt guilty. When I looked up I saw the blood rush from his face and the sparkle dim in his eye. His smile dropped to a frown and looked down at his folded hands. I wanted to cry for him. I forgot how he felt about me and talking about a different guy was the worst possible thing I could have done.

I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug. "Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have told you that. It probably won't ever happen again. He's a creepy old man who hit on me. I just needed someone to talk to okay? I'm sorry Braxton..." I held onto him until he finally wrapped his arms around me as well.

Okay was the only thing he could manage to say. I got up and held up my glass.

"Cheers? Or 1,2,3 chug?" I laughed. The smile came back to Braxton's face and he stood up and help his cup to mine.