The Sweet Innocence Of Youth

"If you want to survive, runt, I suggest you pay attention instead of PLAYING WITH THE FAIRIES INSIDE OF YOUR HOLLOW HEAD!!" Roared Tryzac, the most fiercest warrior the Queen of Ravens had.

          Tryzac was a Tiefling Bard

          Tryzac was a Tiefling Bard. The Commander of the 4th Battalion and a legend on the battlefield. He was undefeated in battle, a winning streak that touched the stars. Which, down on paper, he seemed like the best pick to train young Rose, right? Wrong!!! Tryzac had never been around kids and couldnt comprehend why six year old Rose, got so sidetracked and couldnt get everything on the first try. He was an irritable old man, and is quick to sneer and talk down to those he thinks are lesser.

          Rose snapped to attention straight away, dropping the blades of grass in order to pick up the wooden sword she was supposed to be practicing with. She held it firmly in her grip, only for it to be smacked harshly out of her hands before she had time to get a solid grip on it. "You expect me to learn how to hold a sword, and yet before I can even try, you smack it away. How is this teaching me correct stance and grip?" She parroted back what the Queen had ranted to her over breakfeast, after having watch the two 'practice' the day before. The Queen was currently looking for a suitable...upgrade, for her 'niece' to learn from. Rose scrambled to pick up the wooden sword, again, and faced him once again and ducked as he swung at her again. Tryzac finally cracked a smirk. Oh......Rose rolled her eyes as realization struck her. He wasnt concerned about her grip or stance just yet, he was teaching her how to escape the blows and potentially cat h her opponent off guard.
          Tryzac paused and looked down at the little tyke. "Now your actually using the few brain cells you have! That's all I ask." He mumbled out as he prepared to strike at her again. Rose was ready this time. As his sword came down, she spun out of the way and swung her wooden blade as hard as she could, catching him underneath his armor and landing the blow right under his ribcage. Tryzac wheezed. Actually wheezed. Rose jumped back and smirked up at him. "Maybe if your mind wasnt playing with the fairies, you could've blocked?" She asked sweetly. Her tone holding a sugary innocence that he didnt believe for a second. Stupid Tyke.
          Before he could respond a sharp bell sound was heard, cutting through the quiet clearing they were in. Tryzac froze, tensing up til he was ram rod straight, a strange look passed over his face that Rose couldnt put her finger on. The bell cut off weirdly and Tryzac leapt into action. Picking up his real sword and grabbing her hand and yanking her towards him as he began to hurry out of the clearing towards the city. Rose stumbled behind him, nearly losing her footing, carefully avoiding stepping into rabbit holes.
          "What is going on? Why are we in a hurry? What was that sound for?" Rose fired off questions to him. Why was he acting so strange? Tryzac ignored her until she repeated her series of questions. As he was still running, he spoke five words that made Rose's blood run cold.

"The Queen is under attack."