Chapter 2

Taehyung POV

The sirens were going and interrupted my daydream that I was having as I stared out of the window. I watched as the sky went grey with smoke and started to darken with soot and smelt like the burning of coal.

I sit on my bed soon after and fiddle with my fingers as I hear the rumble of voices coming towards my house from children running to their parents to prepare and watch the reaping. I felt sick and nauseated, I don't enjoy these days at all. I remember the days when I would be waiting with my best friend, holding his hand as we listened to the names being called out, me leaning on his shoulder and trying my best not to cry. We were so close to losing each other once, his name was called and I could have collapsed then and there but someone volunteered in his place. I never got to thank him.. I bet you can figure out why.

I let out a shaky breath and I turned as my mother walked in with some old clothes of mine in her hands. "sorry its not much taehyung.. I wanted to save something nice for you at least" she placed it slowly down onto my bed and looked at me. I had tears in my eyes and ran to my mother's arms and sobbed into her chest.

"Don't be scared taehyung, it'll all be over, there's over a hundred people in this district and you're only one boy" she smoothed the back of my head and gave me a light kiss on top "now get ready, wouldn't want the guards to get angry" she pulled away and walked towards the door and shut it slowly leaving me looking down at the floor.

I walked over and started to get changed into my outfit and ruffled my hair to make it look half presentable. I unlocked the box underneath my bed and spray some cologne and put it away again hiding it away and looked in the reflection of the window.

After 10 minutes of looking at myself I walk downstairs and go towards the front door leading to the main square "I'll hopefully see you this evening mother and you too father.. Goodbye" I wave and leave shutting the door and walking down the stairs onto the white gravel.

"give me luck, give me strength, I don't know if I'll be back.."

......................................................................

Hi, sorry for not updating for so long but I'm finally back with a chapter. I hope you enjoy this book and this chapter and I'll try and update this again very soon!!

Word count: 444 words