two

jaemin was planning to stay inside his room until he died, as one does

jaemin was planning to stay inside his room until he died, as one does. he didn't know how any of this was possible, but nothing's perfect, including the soulmate system.

when he was a kid, begging his parents to tell him the story of how they met became a part of his night routine. things have changed a bit since then, but he's still in love with their story, which explains why he's so disappointed. he's always wished to have what they did, and now he doesn't see the point in doing so.

the hardest thing about this was not knowing how to feel. if his soulmate was any other guy his age he'd probably feel all giddy inside with butterflies roaming around his stomach, but instead he had this pit of anxiousness in his gut that made him want to crawl into a hole and die.

should he be happy about finally finding the person he's 'meant to be' with? because he feels like he doesn't deserve to, for obvious reasons.

jaemin had just recently discovered that the hot new teacher was his soulmate, however he didn't feel like he was ready to go to class and face him in less than half an hour.

so that's how he ended up calling his mom in the boys bathroom, practically begging her to leave work and pick him up from school early. and after dropping him off, she headed straight back to work.

on one hand, he could do anything he wanted now that he was home alone, but on the other hand, that would require actual effort to figure something out.

so here's the current issue. jaemin was fucking bored out of his mind. how do you have fun while not wanting to get up and do something? so he decided to watch high school musical.

however, before he could even press play there was a knock on the door. cursing under his breath, jaemin walked over to the door and opened it a crack to see who it was. what a surprise! it's his friends.

donghyuck's face twisted in disgust when he laid his eyes on jaemin's appearance. "wow. how the fuck did you manage to look like shit in less than two hours?"

he was referring to jaemin and how he looked like a complete and utter mess. from his eyes being all puffy to his blond disheveled hair, and not to mention the oversized t-shirt he wore which had an unidentifiable stain on it.

without giving him a second to answer, the three walked right past him and into his kitchen. he chuckled and just closed the door before taking a seat on the couch again.

"so tell me, did you come here to insult me or steal my food?" jaemin rolled his eyes, watching his friends rummage through his fridge for something to eat.

"ahahaha, no. we came for some answers, bitch," chenle said, stuffing his face with cheese puffs.

confused, jaemin turned to look at them. "if this is about the spanish test tomorrow i refuse to speak," he said, unaware of what they meant.

"you're hilarious, honey, but no, we were just curious why you left before class even started," donghyuck replied casually, coca cola in hand.

oh. so that's what they want to know.

"well uh.. i guess i just wasn't feeling well you know?" he lied, and everyone could tell. you could almost see the air filling with tension and awkwardness.

"why aren't you telling the truth, jaem? we're your friends, we know you and we know you'd never miss school no matter what physical state you're in. we love you, but come on we're not idiots," donghyuck said.

"well me and chenle aren't, but you maybe," rachel chimed in, receiving a punch in the shoulder for a response.

jaemin didn't know what to say. should he tell them? they are his best friends after all, and not telling them would just make things more complicated. however, his decision didn't matter much since he already blurted it out.

"i found out who my soulmate was."

the room was filled with silence for a second before his friends bursted out laughing. "sorry but i don't get it. why'd you go home after finding out?" donghyuck asked.

jaemin looked down at his lap, avoiding eye contact. this was so fucking awkward. the three waited for an answer, but not for that long.

"trust me, if i liked who my soulmate was then this would be the best day of my life," jaemin attempted to explain, avoiding any eye contact.

"wait.. don't touch me i know who it is!!" chenle practically screamed. jaemin's heart fell to the bottom of his stomach, hoping chenle could somehow forget his soulmate's name in like two seconds.

all three friends looked at chenle, waiting for an answer. "jeno. it's mr. lee isn't it?!" chenle was now excited? what. donghyuck and rachel's mouths widened, knowing exactly who that was.

"ahaha, what makes you think that?" jaemin nervously chuckled, scratching the back of his head. chenle wasn't taking any of it though.

"um well not gonna lie you constantly complain about how much your tattoo sucks that when mr. lee said it i got some freaky deja vu," he explained.

jaemin hid his face behind his hands, his face and ears burning an unbelievably bright shade of red. his eyes even teared up a little from how embarrassed he was.

rachel walked over and rested her hand on his back to somehow comfort him. "it's okay, nana. it's not your fault mr. lee's your soulmate, but what the fuck are we gonna do?" she asked, the last part not necessarily to him.

"we?" jaemin asked, eyebrows furrowed as his head perked up to look at his friends.

donghyuck smiled and draped his arm across chenle's shoulder, "hell yeah 'we'!! we're gonna make sure you and your soulmate can y'know get married and adopt a thousand cats since like,, right now you're kinda fucked."

jaemin nodded, smiling so wide his cheeks hurt. "i didn't know you guys were capable of being so sweet," he said as he cupped his own jaw, feeling how hot his face was.

"yeah yeah well don't get used to it," donghyuck replied, smiling softly at his friend. despite the sarcastic remarks, they're all like his family.

"so now that we settled this... we asked our parents and they said we could stay over tonight," rachel brought up, trying to lighten up the mood with all the awkwardness still floating about.

"did you really just- okay. y'all suck i guess i'll just set my plans aside for you guys." he crossed his arms.

chenle laughed mockingly, "you're legit watching high school musical three bitch who do you have plans with?"

"i- fine, i guess you guys can stay over tonight," he huffed, grabbing his phone to text his mom about his friends staying over. they were gonna have fun, you know?

maybe steal a bottle of his mom's expensive champagne from the cellar, play a little would you rather, talk about the gossip on everyone in their grade.

although he would have rather studied all night, jaemin was thankful to have his best friends by his side. especially with the problem he had to face tomorrow: finding out what jeno wanted to do about this situation.

hello!! first of all i want to say
that im sorry for the long wait
lmao. second of all i want to say
that im sorry for how boring this
probably is, but i just wanted to
get this chapter out of the way
before we get into the drama so
i hope you guys can forgive me
for this shit chapter :((

anyway i hope all of you have an
amazing day/night/evening, and
thank you so much for taking the
time to read this !! 🥰💕