I sat on my bed in the dark for hours. I couldn't believe it. Parker's dead. They'd been by my side all these years and now I'm alone again.

I hear a knock on my door. "Bri? Sweetheart how are you?"

It was my mom, "I'm ok mom." my croaky voice betrayed me.

"Can I come in?" It's not like I can stop her.

She took my silence as a yes. The door inched open, she came in and sat on the bed with me.

"Is there anything I can do for you sweetie?" She cooed.

"No. Maybe. I don't know!" I put my head in my hands, I felt like I was going to cry again. My mom hugged me and rubbed my back and told me everything was going to be ok. But it wasn't. It wasn't ok without Parker. They were the light of my life, they picked me up when I was sad, made me laugh when I cried, and they were kind, so kind. To everyone. And now they're gone.

A few days passed and I didn't leave my room except to eat and use the bathroom. I was a mess. My mom did what she could to help, but I was broken inside. I felt like a failure as a friend, I was really depressed.

Weeks had now passed, and I hadn't so much as stepped outside. I'd been pulled from school, lost 30 pounds, and been diagnosed with anxiety, depression, and PTSD.

One day, in the fall, I was persuaded by my mother to take a walk with her outside in the park. We donned our coats and she held my hand as I anxiously met the colorful outdoors.

Purples, reds, oranges, and yellows fluttered around me. It was beautiful. My mother and I headed down the sidewalk to the park

Soon we could see it. It was full of piles of leaves with kids jumping into them, then fixing them when they were scattered. This place was always more festive in the fall, not too hot and not too cold. When I stepped onto the stone bridge connecting the park to the street I was on, I fully realized where we were.

This park had a cemetery just up the hill, the cemetery Parker was buried three weeks ago.

I turned to my mom and asked, "You brought me here to see them?" I asked hopefully.

"I did, I thought it would do you some good. You seemed like you needed it. If you want to go home, we can." She said sympathetically.

"What!? No! I want to see them ." I objected.

"Alright, do you want company?"

"Um, most of the way at least." 

"Ok, let's go then!" my mother said enthusiastically.

We trudged up the little hill to the gate of the cemetery, it was muddy, and my boots were going to need some scrubbing after this quest. But it's worth it.

I reached the gate and my mom called up for me to go ahead. I pushed the gate open and beheld the vast trees painted red and gold, willows, birches, maples. It was breathtaking. I walked around in a trance, everything was so pretty. I had to pinch myself out of it. I'm looking for Parker. I looked around me for any recent graves. There were at least five other recently dug graves. I ran around to every one of them. None of them were Parker's. I was out of breath and my legs were a little sore.

Then I saw something I should've noticed when I first got here, the largest willow tree smack in the center of the cemetery. It had been planted by the town's founder, who happened to be Parker's ancestor. Parker and I would come here often, and we always sat under that tree, watching the leaves sway on the branches around us.

A tear slid down my face and was followed by a few more, I have never felt more alone.

I approached the tree, and as I got closer I could see through the branches that there was a grave near its trunk where we once sat. I pushed the branches aside, and collapsed to my knees. There they were, And under their name was the first thing they wanted on their grave, with a little slot for coins.

Parker T. Osborne

August 12, 2002-October 30, 2019

Game Over.

Continue?

I just sat there on my knees, staring at the phrase they chose. I almost laughed. They were always a mischief maker, and they adored puzzles. They were an amazing person, different in every way, yet, everyone saw them as a friend.

I could've stayed there forever, just sitting with Parker. Not a care in the world. I thought about all the times we'd lay under this tree, talking about plans for our lives. All Parker wanted was to be an author, write New York Times Best Sellers, travel to Europe, inspire others who are different like them to stand up. They were amazing. And truly admirable for their confidence.

I wish I could've had more time with them.

My mom came a while later and said we should go before it got dark. So I left. But I promised myself that I'd return the next day. 

This time I'd bring them flowers.

END PART I

Authors note: Hey guys! This is my first story on Wattpad, I will be making the chapters longer as the story continues. Have a wonderful rest of your day/night!