(I am so sorry this took so long)

The next day at noon, I'd put together a bouquet from my young garden that Parker would've liked. Roses in reds, oranges, pinks, and yellows. They were our favorite.

I gathered the flowers and a notebook in a backpack, and walked out of my room. The stairs creaked as I walked down to the ground floor of my house. I thought about all the times Parker and I ran up these stairs and kids, hiding from the neighbors we just pelted with bags of water. Or the times Parker would sleep over, almost always forgetting their own sleeping bag. The times we'd try to climb onto the roof from my window to stargaze, we made up our own constellations and raced each other to see who could spot the most constellations the fastest. The last time I went up there I could still see the stains from when Parker convinced me to help them dye their hair cobalt blue. Their dad wouldn't let them dye it at their home, and he wouldn't take them to a professional, so they came to me because one of my moms is a hairdresser.

Parker even tried to dye my hair a bright turquoise to correlate with theirs. I had my mom do it for me later on in September.

I would cherish those memories for days to come.

Making my way down the hallway to the front door, I bade farewell to my mother and reached for the door handle. Before I pulled it all the way open I noticed I could still see the dent in the wall where the doorknob hit it when I threw the door open in excitement. On my way home from school Parker had texted me telling me that they were transferring to my school. That was a great day.

When I stepped outside it was a little warmer than yesterday surprisingly, and breezy.

I closed the door behind me and took in my surroundings. It was beautiful. Ruby and amber colored leaves danced down from above. The streets were empty, shame really, it's a beautiful day.

A smile crept onto my face, Parker would've loved this. I hope they're in a better place now, I don't know where you go when you die, if anywhere. But I hope it's as pretty as this.

I walked through the graveyard in silence, I wasn't feeling myself that day. Something was off.

I reached the willow's trunk and placed myself beside their grave, leaning against the tree behind me. Like we used to. I miss those days, I placed the flowers in front of their grave. "I hope you like them." I whispered.

The breeze rustled the long, thin branches around us. I closed my eyes and breathed in the wondrous smell of autumn, I always forget how beautiful this time of year is. It was my favorite season, I had so many memories from autumns past that I will always smile at.

I sat up, criss-cross applesauce, and grabbed my backpack to take out my notebook and pen.

I sat with my notebook open on my lap, and I would like to say I started writing but I didn't. I wanted to. I just didn't have any ideas, or any motivation. That weird feeling was back again. I felt my face getting hot, I felt like I was gonna cry. What is happening?

I was sitting next to my best friend's gravestone. How could I write something to make me feel better here? Why did I even bring my notebook?

A single teardrop hit the blank page. I used to be great at writing, now all I can think about is Parker. They showed me what you can do with writing, and how beautiful it is. I, with Parker's help, created a  that was loving, and accepting. Where people who lived there could just be, with no judgement. I worked so hard on it, it was impossible to put down. Parker was really proud of me, I remember the look on their face when they finished the rough draft. I was trying to tell them not to, insisting that it needed to be complete first but they refused. That smile.... They had a dimple on one cheek, the bottom row of teeth rarely made an appearance, they still needed braces. And they had the most genuine smile I'd ever seen.