Chapter Four and Five: I'm Her Gandfather and I have Family

"Who are you?" he asked. 

"I'm her grandfather, let's leave it at that," the voice said again. I've heard it before but I can't remember where. 

"She has angel blood inside of her?" asked a different voice. 

"Her mother was an angel, father I'm not going to tell you just yet. When the time is right, I'll tell her who her father is. She gets her anger from him; that is why she is so unstable. She brushes things off very easy but she doesn't let them go, they eat away at her. She always wanted to know why she had this life; well she had it because after she was born, my daughter died and her father wanted nothing to do with her. I couldn't take her; they wouldn't let me; so instead I found a family for her. One that I knew would love or at least one would love her. Cassie loved that girl so much it tore her apart knowing she was never going to be loved by her husband" he said.  

"What do you mean?" Derek asked. 

"Valentine has only been shown one kind of love and is the love of a mother. She doesn't know what love means, but you can show her if you're willing to try. You can't hurt her because she'll just hate you more."  

"Why are you here telling us this? " 

"Because I was hoping you will be able to help her. She's always felt lost and alone, like she never belonged. You might be able to make her see that she does belong," he said with a small smile on his lips. 

"I would never hurt her. Why would I? She's my mate?!" Derek snapped in anger. I was still laid on the floor, I knew that voice, but I just couldn't remember where. I mean, how can he be my grandfather? I don't have any family. I was told that by Paul so many times that I was alone and that my own family didn't want me. 

"How are you my grandfather? I don't have any family," I whispered. I pulled myself up slowly, swaying a little bit but I kept walking over to all of them. 

"Your mother was my daughter, which makes me your grandfather," he said simply. I shook my head. "No no no, you can't be my grandfather; I was told I had no family! "I screamed at him. 

"You have family Valentine, you have me, your father and you also have three half-brothers," he said again.  

"Who is my father?" I asked looking at him. He lowered his eyes not answering my question. 

"GOD DAMN IT! WHO IS HE?!" I yelled at him. 

"His name is Vladimir Temps and he's a vampire," he whispered, not looking at me again. I shook my head, backing away until I hit the wall. 

"You're lying; I'm not a monster like them. I don't drink blood; I don't kill people because they don't hand over a stupid bloody princess that wasn't even in the fucking house," I snarled out. 

"What are you talking about Valentine?" Derek asked.

"My foster mother - I was 7 when it happened, a man with long brown hair stormed into the house and demanded she bring some princess forward. She didn't know what he was talking about; she told him I was the only girl in the house. He wouldn't listen, he went nuts and killed her in front of me. Then he turned and snarled at me and said if I ever told anyone he'd come back to kill me too," I whispered. I shook as the memory replayed in my head I dropped to my knees crying. 

"Why would he kill her when she told him there was no princess there? Vampires aren't allowed to kill humans, they, themselves, would be put to death. So why would he do it? Why was I left alone to be beaten and cursed for 10 years?" I said to myself. Everyone was quiet for some time. No one said anything; they just looked at me with sadness in their eyes. I didn't want it or need it. Why would they care? They're monsters. I looked around; Derek looked like he was going to cry. My eyes turned to the male next to him; his green eyes were wide with shock like he just figured something out that he didn't want to know. The male next to him was a bit different; he looked at me like he recognized me from somewhere. I stared at him and it clicked. 

"Tyler why are you here?" I asked shocked. Why was one of my close friends here? Then it all came together; he was one of them.  

"Val, listen, I wanted to tell you; really, but you hate my kind so much and I didn't want to lose you. I value your friendship more than anything, please don't be mad. I was going to tell you tonight; when I came to see you, but Derek rang me and told me he found his soul mate. I came over to see who it was I would never have guessed it was you and I'm sorry," he said walking towards me. He pulled me into his arms and I froze, I didn't know what to do. My best friend was one of the things I hate the most. What was I going to do? He knew every secret about me. I told him everything, including the rape. I shivered just thinking about that. I wrapped my arms around him realizing I couldn't be mad at him. I couldn't hate him no matter how hard I tried. I just couldn't; he was there when no one else was.  

"What are you exactly?" I asked.