Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Cameron POV

It's already 1:15. I walk to Sierra's room and knock on door.

"Are you done?" I rest my head on the door.

She suddenly opens it and I fall to the ground.

She gasps and laughs. "Yeah I'm ready."

"Ugh. Ok Let's go." I laugh.

"Alright." she softly giggles and grabs her purse.

Katherine POV

"Mom?" I call for her while going down the stairs.

"Yeah?" She calls from the kitchen.

I reach the kitchen. "Cam and Sierra invited me to lunch."

"Man. I didn't realize you were cooking lunch. I'm sor-" I add.

"It's alright Honey." she smiles while cutting up the chicken is bits and making them into sandwiches.

"I can cancel it if you want." I try not to feel bad.

"No. No need for that. Just say hi to them for me?" she says.

"Sure." I smile.

I check my phone while walking out.

..

Katherine POV

Cameron opens the door for us.

"Wow you're such a gentleman aww" Sierra says sarcastically which causes me to giggle.

"Indeed I am." He smiles. His smile is so adorable. I find myself constantly smiling whenever I glance at him.

"Chipotle is life." Cameron says as we walk to the line.

"True." I smile.

"What do you guys want?" Sierra asks while looking up to the menu above.

As we tell her what our orders are, I tie my hair into ponytail.

Few minutes later, the lady quickly hands our orders. We make our way to the table. Sierra sits across where Cameron and I are sitting.

I unwrap my taco and I take a bite.

"How are you and Nash?" Sierra asks while unwrapping her burrito.

"Uh. Um. We kinda. We-" I stutter and my heart began to race fast.

"She- She and Nash are done." Cameron looks at me then at Sierra.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I didn't know." She covers her mouth and I can see her eyes filled with shock and guilt

"It's alright really." I'm not mad but I force a smile at her.

Silence fills the air for a few seconds until I bring up the topic of summer vacation.

"So what are you guys planning for vacation." I ask while taking another bite of this delicious and savory taco.

"I really don't know yet because of work." Sierra groans then she sips on her drink.

"Me neither. I'm caught up with college stuff." Cameron agrees.

"Same here." I let my hair down and shaking my head.

"Excuse me, I'm gonna go to the restroom." She says.

"Don't you mean the bathroom?" Cameron states as he sips on his drink.

"Whatever." she playfully rolls her eyes as she walks to the bathroom.

Cameron watches her as she walks in to the door. Then he looks over to me then exhales sharply.

"Uh, Kathie, I'm sorry for what Sierra said. She really didn't know. I'm-" he rubs his hands, his eyes filled with shame and guilt.

I try to look at his eyes but he looks away then he starts fidgeting and tapping the table with his fingers.

"Hey. Hey." I tilt his head up. I look at his brown eyes. "It's alright." I assure him with a smile.

"Did I ever tell you that you're amazing." he asks with a smile.

"No." I giggle.

"Well you are." he smiles.

A little blonde girl stares at us. I'm guessing she is about 5 years old. She sits right across our table. She smiles and giggles With my confusion, she walks up to our table without her mother realizing because she's busy with feeding her baby.

"Hi. My name is Lea" says with a smile.

"Uh nice to meet you Lea." I shake her hand.

"Is she your girlfwend?" she asks Cameron. He looks uncomfortable. She's so adorable pronouncing the 'r' in girlfriend with 'w'. So it sounds like 'girlfwend'

"No. She's my bestfriend." he smiles at Leah.

She attempts to whisper something in his ear by tip toeing but instead, he tilts his head to make it easier for her to whisper in his ear. Cameron and Lea both smile and laugh. Now it's increasing my nosiness level.

"Don't tell anybody. It's a secret. Shhh...." Lea says.

"Alright." Cameron chuckles as she walks to her seat.

Just as Lea reached her seat, Sierra walks back to our table.

"Who was that little girl?" she asks confused.

"Lea. We have a secret." Cameron says in a childish tone causing me to laugh.

"Did her mom ever talk to her about strangers?" Sierra chuckles.

"I guess not. She just randomly walked over here." I shrug.

"She's adorable though." she says while taking her last bite of burrito finishing up her meal.

I look at Lea while she sips her juice box.

"Okay. Uh. Are you guys ready?" Cameron asks while piling up the trash.

"Yep." I say.

"Yeah." Sierra agrees.

"Alright. Let me just throw these out." Cameron walks to the trash struggling to put everything in the bin. He drops the foil and groans at his mistakes. I laugh at his actions.

As Sierra and I stand up and reach for the door, Cameron catches up and joined in, in our conversation.

He walked beside me and held my hand. It kind of made me nervous when he did. I mean why would I, he's my bestfriend.